Centre for diagnostics, oncology and wellbeing
Offering fast access to cancer treatment in Milton Keynes.
Easy access to treatments and services
Accessing the treatments you need couldn’t be easier – there’s no waiting list. Your treatment can usually start within 5 days from referral, and we also offer same day diagnostic appointments.
We’re recognised by all the major private medical insurers and we also offer a range of self-pay options. We can help with the paperwork too.
At Milton Keynes we offer:
We’re always pushing the boundaries investing in the most advanced technology to develop better targeted radiotherapy treatments to provide:
- Surface Guided Radiotherapy (SGRT) enabling:
- o Tattoo free treatments
- o Faceless shells for patients with brain and head and neck cancers – this provides a less claustrophobic experience
- o Quick daily treatment set-up reducing the time you spend in the centre each day
- Image Guided Radiotherapy (IGRT), daily imaging to accurately target the treatment site.
- Deep Inspiration Breath Hold (DIBH) – this technique reduces movement in the area treated. For patients with left sided breast cancer it reduces the risk of damage to the heart. It is also used for patients with cancers of the chest and abdomen.
- Stereotactic Ablative Radiotherapy (SABR) delivers fewer but larger doses of radiotherapy to treat certain cancers. This can significantly reduce your treatment period.
- Volumetric Modulated Arc Therapy (VMAT) We offer VMAT to all patients. This includes patients needing palliative treatment who we normally treat within 2 days.
- Partial Breast Irradiation (PBI) is suitable for low-risk patients and has significantly fewer side effects offering better cosmetic outcomes without compromising long-term clinical outcomes.
- SpaceOAR Hydrogel – this implant can improve the short and long-term side-effects of prostate radiotherapy treatment. And is available to all men who would benefit at no additional cost.
We provide a full complement of chemotherapy regimes for oncology and haematology.
Treatment is provided in private pods with television, internet access, drinks facilities and lunch if required. And there’s a comfortable lounge for your friends and relatives.
Our team of nursing specialists offer a 24-hour, 7 days a week triage telephone service to assess issues and offer appropriate advice, liaising with your consultant as necessary
- Our Specialist Clinics
When you’re worried about your health, you need to find answers fast. We run a number of specialist clinics should you have a concern.
- One-Stop Breast
- Urology Diagnostics
- Holistic therapies and Living Well programme
We believe that it’s important to not just treat your cancer but to treat you. We offer a range of complementary therapies through our partnership with Penny Brohn UK. These include holistic treatments such as reflexology and relaxation as well as mindfulness meditation for our patients and their families.
The little big things
Parking, transport and appointment times – they all matter. We’ll do everything we can to help you get on with your life throughout your treatment plan.
And that’s why we offer:
- Fast access when you need it
- A carefully scheduled treatment programme
- A choice of consultation times
- A comfortable, modern, calm and relaxing environment
- Free on-site parking
- Friendly and supportive team
- A wellbeing programme to support you through your treatment
- A private car service for radiotherapy and chemotherapy patients if required
Milton Keynes doctors
We have a whole team of experts – from consultant oncologists, haematologists, and radiologists to specialist nurses, radiographers, wellbeing practitioners and patient support staff. And they’re all here to help you.
Once you’re referred to us, a member of our patient support team will contact you to arrange an initial planning appointment. They will talk you through what to expect and answer any questions you have.
How to find us
On the M1 from the north
Exit the M1 at Junction 14 then take the first exit onto the A509. At the first roundabout take the first exit onto the A422 and continue ahead until the Redbridge Roundabout then take the first exit onto B4034. Turn right onto Sunrise Parkway and the GenesisCare will be found on the right immediately after the road bends.
On the M1 from the south
Exit the M1 at Junction 14 and take the first exit A509. At the Northfield, Roundabout take the third exit onto the A509 and continue until the Belvedere Roundabout then take third exit B4034 (Marlborough Street). At the next roundabout take the first exit onto Dansteed Way then the first right onto Sunrise Parkway. GenesisCare will be found on the left.
Take the A4280 out of Bedford onto the A422 and continue to the Redbridge Roundabout. Take first left onto B4034, then turn right onto Sunrise Parkway. GenesisCare will be found on the right immediately after the bend.
Milton Keynes central train station is a five-minute taxi ride away.