Special clinical interests in management of all breast symptoms and cancer and management of all forms of hernias and benign lumps.
Mr Hamed Khan is a Consultant General who has been working at University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire since 2009. He completed his initial medical training at Guy’s and St Thomas Hospitals Medical School, University of London in 1996. Mr Khan developed an interest in general surgery with a special interest in breast surgery and went on to complete his higher surgical training in this field within the North Trent Deanery. In addition to this he also completed his Doctorate in Medicine in breast cancer research at the Professional Unit of Breast Surgery at the University of Nottingham under the supervision of Professor John R Robertson. His research paper was on tumour markers in breast cancer diagnosis.
Mr Khan is a general surgeon and specialises in open hernia operations. Within his NHS practice, Mr Khan is a fully trained breast surgeon who regularly performs breast reconstructions. He assesses, investigates and manages his patients as well as performing all forms of breast cancer surgery including oncoplastic procedures, mammoplasty, standard wide local excisions, mastectomy and sentinel lymph node biopsies.
In addition to his clinical commitments, Mr Khan teaches the consultants of the future and teaches general surgery and breast surgery to medical students from Warwick Medical School.
- Consultant general and breast surgeon who has been working at University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire since 2009
- Northampton General Hospital.
- University of London in 1996
- Doctorate in Medicine in breast cancer research at the Professional Unit of Breast Surgery at the University of Nottingham
- Consultant Breast and General Surgeon.
- Management of all breast symptoms and cancer
- Management of all forms of hernias and benign lumps