Special clinical interests in prostate, breast, lung, gastrointestinal, lymphoma, CNS, stereotactic radiation therapy and prostate brachytherapy.
Michael is an honours graduate of Monash University Medical School. He trained as a radiation oncology registrar at the Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre and spent his fellowship year overseas at the Royal Marsden Hospital, United Kingdom. He returned to Australia and worked as a staff specialist at the Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre in head and neck and gastrointestinal cancers. He has been working with GenesisCare since 2009 as a general oncologist, with focus on breast, prostate, gastrointestinal and lung cancer.
- Varian prize 2005: For his research project in conformal radiation therapy in head and neck cancer and sparing of salivary glands in 2005 in his time as a registrar.
- American Society of Clinical Oncologists Annual Meeting Merit Award 2007 for research in PSA kinetics in patients under active surveillance prostate cancer.
Research interests include: prostate cancer management, and he is a primary investigator of a trial assessing the role of PSMA PET scans in post-prostatectomy radiotherapy.
Publications and affiliations
- Ng M, Ho H, Skelton J, Guerrieri M, Guiney M, Chao M, et al. Intensity-modulated Radiotherapy for Anal Cancer: Dose-Volume Relationship of Acute Gastrointestinal Toxicity and Disease Outcomes. Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol). 2018;30(10):634-41.
- Ng M, Brown E, Williams A, Chao M, Lawrentschuk N, Chee R. Fiducial markers and spacers in prostate radiotherapy: current applications. BJU Int. 2014;113 Suppl 2:13-20.
- Ng M, Leong T, Heriot AG, Ngan SY. Once-daily reirradiation for rectal cancer in patients who have received previous pelvic radiotherapy. J Med Imaging Radiat Oncol. 2013;57(4):512-8.
- Ng M, Leong T, Chander S, Chu J, Kneebone A, Carroll S, et al. Australasian Gastrointestinal Trials Group (AGITG) contouring atlas and planning guidelines for intensity-modulated radiotherapy in anal cancer. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2012;83(5):1455-62.
- Ng M, Van As N, Thomas K, Woode-Amissah R, Horwich A, Huddart R, et al. Prostate-specific antigen (PSA) kinetics in untreated, localized prostate cancer: PSA velocity vs PSA doubling time. BJU Int. 2009;103(7):872-6.
- Medical Services Advisory Committee (MSAC)
- Evaluation Sub-committee (ESC)