- Cambridge University Double first in Medicine and Natural Sciences.
- Senior Scholar at Emmanuel College in 1982.
- Roentgen Prize: “New Radiotherapy Techniques” in 1990.
- International Union Against Cancer (UICC): Roll of Honour in 1997.
- Royal College of Radiologists: Frank Ellis Medal in 1999.
Dr Nick Plowman has a special clinical interest in; breast, brain, endocrine & urological cancers; cancers in children & young persons (chemotherapy & radiotherapy); stereotactic radiotherapy (CyberKnife And GammaKnife).
Publications & affiliations
Published around 300 original research papers in clinical oncology.