Centre for diagnostics, oncology and wellbeing
Get better care. Faster.
Working in partnership with local medical professionals, we provide diagnostics, state-of-the-art radiotherapy and chemotherapy treatments, and integrated wellbeing programmes. We also have specialist Clinics on-site, including Gynaecology and One-Stop Breast.
Easy access to treatments and services
Accessing the treatments, you need couldn’t be easier – there’s no waiting list. Your treatment can usually start within 5 days from referral, and we also offer same day diagnostics appointments.
We’re recognised by all the major private medical insurers and a range of self-pay options. We can help with the paperwork too.
At Maidstone we offer:
We’re always pushing the boundaries investing in the most advanced technology to develop better targeted radiotherapy treatments to provide:
- Surface Guided Radiotherapy (SGRT) enabling:
- o Tattoo free treatments
o Faceless shells for patients with brain and head and neck cancers – this provides a less claustrophobic experience
o Quick daily treatment set-up reducing the time you spend in the centre each day
- Image Guided Radiotherapy (IGRT), daily imaging to accurately target the treatment site
- Deep Inspiration Breath Hold (DIBH) – this technique reduces movement in the area treated. For patients with left sided breast cancer it reduces the risk of damage to the heart. It is also used for patients with cancers of the chest and abdomen.
- Stereotactic Ablative Radiotherapy (SABR) delivers fewer but larger doses of radiotherapy to treat certain cancers. This can significantly reduce your treatment period.
- Volumetric Modulated Arc Therapy (VMAT) We offer VMAT to all patients. This includes patients needing palliative treatment who we normally treat within 2 days.
- Partial Breast Irradiation (PBI) is suitable for low-risk patients and has significantly fewer side effects offering better cosmetic outcomes without compromising long-term clinical outcomes.
- SpaceOAR Hydrogel – this implant can improve the short and long-term side-effects of prostate radiotherapy treatment. And is available to all men who would benefit at no additional cost.
We provide a full complement of chemotherapy regimes for oncology and haematology.
Treatment is provided in private pods with television, internet access, drinks facilities and lunch if required. And there’s a comfortable lounge for your friends and relatives.
Our team of nursing specialists offer a 24-hour, 7 days a week triage telephone service to assess issues and offer appropriate advice, liaising with your consultant as necessary.
When you’re worried about your health, you need to find answers fast. We run a number of specialist clinics should you have a concern.
- One-stop Breast clinics
- Gynaecology Clinics
We believe that it’s important to not just treat your cancer but to treat you. We offer a range of complementary therapies through our partnership with Penny Brohn UK. These include holistic treatments such as reflexology and relaxation as well as mindfulness meditation for our patients and their families.
Our counselling service is confidential. It can help you feel more in control by making sense of your feelings and managing anxieties about your cancer and its treatment.
The little big things
Parking, transport and appointment times – they all matter. We’ll do everything we can to help you get on with your life throughout your treatment plan.
And that’s why we offer:
- Fast access when you need it
- A carefully scheduled treatment programme
- A choice of consultation times
- A comfortable, modern, calm and relaxing environment
- Free on-site parking
- A friendly and supportive team
- A wellbeing programme to support you through your treatment
- A private car service for radiotherapy and chemotherapy patients if required
We have a whole team of experts – from consultant oncologists, haematologists, and radiologists to specialist nurses, radiographers, wellbeing practitioners and patient support staff. And they’re all here to help you.
Once you’re referred to us, a member of our patient support team will contact you to arrange an initial planning appointment. They will talk you through what to expect and answer any questions you have.
Dr Timothy Sevitt
Dr Sharon Beesley
Dr Russell Burcombe
Dr Sasha Houghton
Dr Riyaz Shah
Dr Rema Jyothirmayi
Dr Mark Hill
Dr Maadh Aldouri
Dr Justin Waters
Dr Christos Mikropulos
Dr Catherine Harper-Wynne
Dr Mathilda Cominos
Dr Richard Shaffer
Dr Sharon Beesley
Miss Deepika Akolekar
How to find us
From the M25/M26/M20
Leave the M20 at junction 4, then at the roundabout take the 3rd exit onto the A228. At the roundabout take the 2nd exit onto the A228. At the roundabout take the 1st exit onto the A228. When entering the Kings Hill Estate from the A228 you will either enter via Gibson Drive or Tower View. When turning off the A228 onto Gibson Drive you will notice a large silver sphere. Take the 1st exit at the next roundabout onto Kings Hill Avenue. Take the first left turn (after approx. 150 metres) signposted David Lloyd Gym. Then take the next immediate left into our car park.When turning off the A228 onto Tower View you will notice a large stone obelisk. Take the 3rd exit at the next roundabout onto Kings Hill Avenue. Follow the road around the bend to the left and take the third right turn across the opposing carriageway signposted David Lloyd Gym. Then take the next immediate left into our car park.
The centre is a 10-minute taxi ride from West Malling train station.There are also regular buses to Kings Hill from the station.