Special clinical interest in breast, lung and gastrointestinal cancer
A regular member of the Breast Cancer and Lung Cancer multidisciplinary group at Northern Beaches Hospital and North Shore Hospital, her engagement within clinical oncology extends insofar as not only to standard of care treatment, but also clinical trials. With close to five years working as a research fellow and investigator at high-profile local and international institutes, including Royal North Shore Hospital, Northern Cancer Institute (both located in St. Leonards’, Sydney), and Princess Margaret Cancer Centre (Toronto, Canada), Tristan’s contribution to cancer care is as much innovative as it is compassionate when considering the needs of her patients.
Tristan’s approach to patient care is both empathic and holistic, using her consults to not only make considered clinical decisions, but also to understand, communicate, and connect with her patients. In unique and often complex medical problems, Tristan regularly turns to the expert opinion of other recognised peers in oncology through tumour stream meetings – a testament to her dedication to delivering her patients the most suitable, high-quality care.
- Clinical Research Fellowship 2017 University of Toronto (Princess Margaret Cancer Centre)
- American Society Clinical Oncology
- Clinical Oncology Society of Australia
- International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer
- Royal Australian College of Physicians
- Australian and New Zealand Breast Cancer Trials Group
Publications and affiliations
- Barnes TA, Albaba A et al; Acceptability of Routine Evaluations Using Patient-Reported Outcomes of Common Terminology Criteria for Adverse Events and Other Patient-Reported Symptom Outcome Tools in Cancer Outpatients: Princess Margaret Cancer Centre Experience; The Oncologist Aug 2019 2019;24:1–9
- Goldvaser H,Barnes TA, Cescon DW, Ocaña A, Ribnikar D, Amir E; Toxicity of Extended Adjuvant Therapy with Aromatase Inhibitors in Postmenopausal Breast Cancer Patients: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis; JNCI August 2017; http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ctrv.2017.08.008
- Barnes TA, Leighl NB. Expanding therapies for crizotinib refractory ALK-rearranged non-small cell lung cancer. Transl Cancer Res 2016;5 (Suppl 3):S458-S461. http://doi:10.21037/tcr.2016.09.11.
- Barnes TA, Amir E. Minireivew – Hype or Hope: The role of infiltrating immune cells in Cancer; British Journal of Cancer 2017 Jul 13; doi: 10.1038/bjc.2017.220
- Barnes TA, Amir E, Templeton AJ, Gomez Garcia S, Navarro B, Seruga B, Ocana A. Efficacy, Safety, Tolerability and Price of Newly Approved Drugs in Solid Tumors; Cancer Treatment Reviews 2017 Apr 9;56:1-7 DOI: 10.1016/j.ctrv.2017.03.011