Special clinical interest in breast cancer, melanoma, liver malignancy, upper GI malignancy.
Dr Tim (Wei) Wang is a senior radiation oncologist with subspecialty interest including the management of breast cancer, melanoma, liver tumours and upper GI cancer. He has particular interest in advanced radiation treatment technique including deep inspiratory breath hold radiotherapy, stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS) and stereotactic body radiotherapy (SBRT), and the interaction of radiation therapy with modern systemic therapies such as targeted therapy and immune check point inhibitors. He is the trial chairperson of several ongoing collaborative group clinical trials. Dr Wang is a Clinical Senior Lecturer for the University of Sydney since 2011.
He has research interest in advanced radiation treatment technique including stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS) and stereotactic body radiotherapy (SBRT), and the interaction of radiation therapy with modern systemic therapies such as targeted therapy and immune check point inhibitors.
Publications and affiliations
- Wei Wang, Rachel Ward, Dan Jia, Simon Ashworth, Edgar Estoesta, Trevor Moodie, Verity Ahern, Kirsty Stuart, Nicholas Ngui, James French, Elisabeth Elder, David Farlow. Location of arm draining lymph node in relation to breast cancer radiotherapy field and target volume. Radiotherapy and Oncology (2018)
- Alison L Salkeld,Eric K.C. Hau, Najmun Nahar, Jonathan R. Sykes, Wei Wang, David Thwaites. Changes in brain metastasis during radiosurgical planning. International Journal of Radiation Oncology, Physics and Biology (2018)
- Trang T Pham, Rachel Ward, Drew Latty, Catherine Owen, Val Gebski. Jacek Chojnowski, Christopher Kelly, Verity Ahern, Kenneth Tiver, Kirsty Stuart, Wei Wang. Left-sided breast cancer loco-regional radiotherapy with deep inspiration breath-hold: Does volumetric-modulated arc radiotherapy reduce heart dose further compared with tangential intensity-modulated radiotherapy? Journal of medical imaging and radiation oncology (2016)
- Pulvirenti T, Hong A, Clements A, Forstner D, Suchowersky A, Guminski A, McNeil C, Hersey P, Fogarty G, Kefford R, Long G, Wang W. BRAF inhibitors enhanced acute radiation skin toxicity. Journal of Clinical Oncology (2016)
- Wei Wang, Tom Purdie, Mohammad Rahman, Andrea Marshall and Anthony Fyles. Rapid Automated Treatment Planning Process to Select Breast Cancer Patients for Active Breathing Control to Achieve Cardiac Dose Reduction. International Journal of Radiation Oncology, Physics and Biology (2012) 82, 386-393.