Matt takes an active role in research and has several publications. He has a Conjoint appointment as Lecturer, with the University of Newcastle School of Medicine and Public Health and enjoys providing clinical teaching for patients, students, and trainees. He is interested in how patient-reported outcomes might influence patient management.
- GenesisCare Head and Neck Tumour Reference Group (Aus)
- Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Radiologists (RANZCR)
- Royal College of Radiologists (RCR)
- Royal College of Physicians (RCP)
Publications and affiliations
- Neutrophil-lymphocyte ratio dynamics during concurrent chemo-radiotherapy for glioblastoma is an independent predictor for overall survival. Mason M, Maurice C, McNamara MG, Tieu MT, Lwin Z, Millar BA, Menard C, Laperriere N, Milosevic M, Atenafu EG, Mason W, Chung C. J Neurooncol. 2017 Mar 22. doi: 10.1007/s11060-017-2395-y.
- Glioblastoma in the elderly: making sense of the evidence. Mason M, Laperriere N, Wick W, Reardon DA, Malmstrom A, E Hovey, Weller M and Perry J. Neuro Oncol Pract first published online September 1, 2015 doi:10.1093/nop/npv027
- Extra-pulmonary small cell carcinoma in the head and neck setting: the role of prophylactic cranial irradiation. Mason M, Giuliani M, Huang SH, Xu W, Hope A, Kim J, Bayley A, John Cho BC, Goldstein D, Jang RW, Ordonez BP, Wajstaub S, Waldron J, Dinniwell R, O’Sullivan B, Ringash J. Oral Oncol. 2015 Jun;51(6):e57-9. doi: 10.1016/j.oraloncology.2015.03.014. Epub 2015 Apr 10.
- The Effect of Dose and Quality Assurance in Early Prostate Cancer Treated with Low Dose Rate Brachytherapy as Monotherapy. Henry AM, Rodda SL, Mason M, Musurunu H, Al-Qaisieh B, Bownes P, Smith J, Franks K, Carey B, Bottomley D. Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol). 2015 Jul;27(7):382-6. doi:10.1016/j.clon.2015.03.004.Epub 2015 Mar 21.
- Second Primary Cancers Occurring after I-125 Brachytherapy as Monotherapy for Early Prostate Cancer. Musunuru H, Mason M, Murray L, Al-Qaisieh B, Bownes P, Carey B, Bottomley D, Henry A. Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol). 2014 Apr;26(4):210-5