About the centre
GenesisCare has opened a new integrated cancer centre in Maitland, an extension of our centre in Gateshead. Our new centre brings together a team of locally-based specialists to provide consulting, radiation therapy, medical oncology, and allied health.
Our specialists have over 20 years’ experience treating patients in Maitland, Newcastle, and the Hunter Region. Patients will receive continuity of treatment and care by a specialised team that our referrers and patients know and trust.
The new integrated cancer centre will provide patients with access to support services including allied health, and medical imaging (PET, MRI, and breast ultrasound) which will be provided onsite by Hunter Imaging Group.
Our treatments and services
- External Beam Radiation Therapy
- Deep Inspiration Breath Hold (DIBH)
- Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT)
- Volumetric Modulated Arc Therapy (VMAT)
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS)
- Stereotactic Ablative Body Radiotherapy (SABR)
- Prostate cancer spacers
- Specialised non-surgical treatment for skin cancer
- Radiation therapy for non-melanoma skin cancer
- Administered orally or intravenously
- Often used in conjunction with other treatments
- Administered intravenously to boost your immune system response to fight cancer cells