Dr Nidorf’s clinical interest in atherosclerosis led him to initiate the LoDoCo trials, watch a video of Dr Nidorf explaining his recent findings here.
- Fellow of Royal Australian College of Physicians (FRACP)
- Fellow of American College of Cardiology (FACC)
- Fellow of Cardiac Society of Australia New Zealand (FCSANZ)
Publications and affiliations
- Nidorf SM, Fiolet ALT, Mosterd A. Colchicine in Patients with Chronic Coronary Disease. N Engl J Med 2020 DOI:10.1056/NEJMoa2021372
- Nidorf SM, Eikelboom JW, Budgeon CA, Thompson PL. Low-dose colchicine for secondary prevention of cardiovascular disease. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2013;61(4):404-406. doi:10.1016/j.jacc.2012.10.027
- Nidorf SM, Fiolet A, Abela GS Viewing atherosclerosis through a crystal lens: How the evolving structure of cholesterol crystals in atherosclerotic plaque alters its stability J Clin Lipidol 2020 Jul 11;S1933-2874(20)30213-0. doi: 10.1016/j.jacl.2020.07.003. Online ahead of print.
- Nidorf M, Thompson PL. Effect of Colchicine (0.5 mg Twice Daily) on High-Sensitivity C-Reactive Protein Independent of Aspirin and Atorvastatin in Patients With Stable Coronary Artery Disease. Am J Cardiol. 2007. doi:10.1016/j.amjcard.2006.10.039
- Thompson PL, Nidorf SM. Colchicine: an affordable anti-inflammatory agent for atherosclerosis. Curr Opin Lipidol. 2018 Dec;29(6):467-473. doi: 10.1097/MOL.0000000000000552.PMID: 30320614