Special clinical interests in breast, gynaecological and skin cancer. Marie is also interested in patient satisfaction, quality control in Radiation Oncology and mentoring junior colleagues.
Dr Marie Burke qualified in medicine from the University of Queensland in 1982, and was awarded the Fellowship of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Radiologists in 1989. Marie commenced private practice in radiation oncology at The Wesley in 1995.
She has been involved in National Breast Cancer Guideline development for Cancer Australia, as well as eviQ protocol development in breast cancer. She is a member of the Queensland Cancer Control Safety and Quality Partnership. Currently Dr Burke is President of the Breast and Prostate Cancer Association of Queensland.
She completed her training at The Queensland Radium Institute, based at the Royal Brisbane and Womens’ Hospital and the Mater Hospital. Her first consultant position was also at the QRI, at RBWH and at the Mater.
Marie’s other accomplishments include:
- Doctor Engagement Leader for GenesisCare oncology, Australia
- Queensland representative on the GenesisCare Clinical Leaders Forum, Australia
- Chair of the GenesisCare oncology Clinical Management Committee, Queensland
- Medical Director, GenesisCare oncology, Queensland
- Previously served on the Radiation Oncology Faculty Council of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Radiologists, as well as their Economics and Workforce Committee
- Past Secretary and Treasurer of the Australasian Society of Breast Diseases
- Member of the Breast Cancer Trials Group
- Principle Investigator for the STARS trial and the EXPERT trial at GenesisCare oncology, Wesley
- Member of TROG
- Member of the Australia New Zealand Gynaecological Oncology Group
Wesley Medical Centre