Clinical interests in Prostate & Genitourinary Cancers Breast Cancer Melanoma and Skin Cancer
Dr Luke Ardolino is an Australian medical oncologist with clinical interests in managing patients with genitourinary, breast and skin cancers.
Luke completed his physician and specialist medical oncology training at Royal North Shore Hospital and St Vincent'’s Hospital in Sydney, before working as the Prostate and Early Phase Clinical Trials Fellow at The Kinghorn Cancer Centre. Luke currently works as a Visiting Medical Oncologist (VMO) at Northern Beaches Hospital, The Kinghorn Cancer Centre and at GenesisCare, Frenchs Forest. He is also an active member of the local urology, breast and skin cancer multidisciplinary team meetings held at Royal North Shore Hospital and Northern Beaches Hospital.
Dr. Ardolino's dedication to research is evident through his published works in medical journals including The Journal of Clinical Oncology, Annals of Oncology and The European Journal of Cancer. He is also completing a Masters of Research (MRes) at the Garvan Institute, with a study on prostate cancer.
Alongside his clinical work Dr. Ardolino is passionate about medical education and is involved in a range of medical education and training programs. During his career Dr Ardolino has been recognised with the University of New South Wales (UNSW) Post-graduate Research Award, UPA Scholarship, the 2021 Beverley Alt Oncology Education Award and Cancer Institute NSW (CINSW) Educational Scholarship.
He currently holds the position of Associate Lecturer at University of New South Wales (UNSW) and is the Network Director of Physician training at St Vincent's Hospital.
Luke takes a collaborative approach to care and is a compassionate and dedicated physician, who is committed to providing high quality and personalised patient care.
- Prostate and Genitourinary Cancers
- Breast Cancer
- Melanoma and Skin Cancers
- Clinical Trial Design in Oncology
- Fellow of Royal Australasian College of Physicians (RACP)
- Medical Oncology Group of Australia (MOGA)
- Australian and New Zealand Urogenital and Prostate Cancer Trials Group (ANZUP)
- Australian and New Zealand Breast Cancer Trials Group (BCT)
- European Society of Medical Oncology (ESMO)
- Ardolino LC, et al. Clinical trials for metastatic castrate resistant prostate cancer - who is looking after the control patients Questions for the future. Annals of Oncology. June 2022. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.annonc.2022.03.272
- Wai Siu DH, O'Neill RS, Harris CA, Wang J, Ardolino L, et al. Immune checkpoint inhibitor-induced myocarditis, myositis, myasthenia gravis and transaminitis: a case series and review. Immunotherapy. May 2022. https://doi.org/10.2217/imt-2021-0225
- Ardolino L, Lau B, Wilson I, Chen J, Borella L, Stone E, Lim E. Paclitaxel-Induced Pneumonitis in Early Breast Cancer: A Single Institution Experience and Review. Frontiers in Oncology. June 2021 https://doi.org/10.3389%2Ffonc.2021.701424
- Zhao R, Cosman R, Aggarwal N, O'Grady A, Hsu E, Ardolino L, et al. Initial results from a first in human trial incorporating accelerated dose titration of a novel immune stimulating oncolytic virus - VG161. Journal of Clinical Oncology. May 2021
- Tio M, Rai R, Ezeoke OM, McQuade JL, Zimmer L, Khoo C, Park JJ, Spain L, Turajlic S, Ardolino L, Long GV, Menzies AM et al. Anti-PD-1/PD-L1 immunotherapy in patients with solid organ transplant, HIV or hepatitis B/C infection. European Journal of Cancer. November 2018 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejca.2018.09.017
- Francini E, Yip S, Ahmed S, Li H, Ardolino L, et al. Clinical Outcomes of First-line Abiraterone Acetate or Enzalutamide for Metastatic castration-resistant Prostate Cancer After Androgen Deprivation Therapy + Docetaxel or ADT Alone for Metastatic Hormone-sensitive Prostate Cancer. Clinical Genitourinary Cancer. April 2018. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clgc.2017.12.012