Clinical interests in breast cancer, upper gastrointestinal (GI) cancer, liver cancer, neuroendocrine tumours (NETs), and palliative care.
Gina has a keen interest in training and education and is a Conjoint Lecturer at UNSW. She is a national lead for implementing the new Radiation Oncology speciality training program and convened the international RANZCR/ESTRO/CARO Foundations of Leadership course.
She is a member of the Australasian Gastro-Intestinal Trials Group ASM committee. Gina is actively involved in reviewing the EVIQ radiation oncology treatment protocols and sits on several tumour reference panels.
Gina has been recognised during her career with the Health Department of WA Prize in Public Health for Medical Research 2009, UWA MBBS Honours Award 2010, Letter of Excellence, Fremantle Hospital 2011 received from Dr David Oldham, plus CE Eddy Prize 2014 FRANZCR Phase 1 examination series 2014, and Kaye Scott Prize 2017 RANZCR FRO Phase 2 examination series 2017.
Gina is committed to offering patients high-quality cancer care, and in line with this is her collaboration with Targeting Cancer as the GP education lead.
- Convener, Foundations of Leadership in Radiation Oncology Course Sydney August 2019 (November 2018- present)
- Member, Australasian Gastro-Intestinal Trials Group Annual Scientific Meeting Committee 2019 (October 2018- present)
- Member, EVIQ Reference Committee for Head and Neck Treatment Protocols (2017-present)
- GP Education Director, Targeting Cancer (2017-present)
- Member, Targeting Cancer- Working Advisory Group (July 2014-present)
- Multimodal treatment of oligometastatic anal squamous cell carcinoma: an international multi-institutional case series. Hesselberg G, Sclafani S, Rao S, Goldstein D, Haghighi K, Truskett P and Thompson S ; Journal of Surgical Oncology, accepted and awaiting publication Nov 2018
- Head and neck glottic larynx squamous cell carcinoma definitive EBRT 2017 ID: 584 v.3 eviQ Cancer Treatments Online, Cancer Institute NSW, reviewed 16 November
- Head and neck larynx/hypopharynx squamous cell carcinoma definitive EBRT chemoradiation ID: 1528 v.3 eviQ Cancer Treatments Online, Cancer Institute NSW, reviewed 16 November
- RANZCR Particle Therapy Information and Referral Process Document. RANZCR Faculty of Radiation Oncology Particle Therapy Special Interest Group; October 2017, pending committee approval
- Are Future Radiation Oncologists Equipped With the Knowledge to Manage Elderly Patients With Cancer? Morris L, Thiruthaneeswaran N, Lehman M, Hesselberg G and Turner S; International Journal of Radiation Oncology, Biology and Physics, Jan 2017
- Radiotherapy use in cancer Turner S, Gorayski P, Hesselberg G and Morris L; Australian Doctor April 2015