GenesisCare Hurstville is a comprehensive cancer centre for local and regional communities.
GenesisCare Hurstville provides comprehensive cancer treatment and services including chemotherapy, radiation therapy, theranostics, and allied health services. Learn more about radiation therapy treatment for non-melanoma skin cancer at GenesisCare. Click here for further details.
Our treatments and services
- Deep Inspiration Breath Hold (DIBH)
- Intensity modulated radiation therapy (IMRT)
- Stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS)
- Stereotactic ablative body radiation therapy (SABR)
- Radiation therapy for non-melanoma skin cancer
- Administered orally or intravenously
- Often used in conjunction with other treatments
- Administered intravenously to boost your immune system response to fight cancer cells
- Combines therapy and diagnostics to specifically target cancer cells
At GenesisCare Hurstville we have a multidisciplinary team (MDT) of clinical experts, who is responsible for all investigations, diagnosis, treatment options, and supportive after care. The MDT includes:
- Radiation oncologists for radiation therapy
- Medical oncologists for chemotherapy and immunotherapy
- Nuclear medical physicians for theranostics
- Oncology nurses
- Radiation therapists
- Patient services team
- Medical physicists
- Allied health professionals
Allied health services
At GenesisCare Hurstville we offer a range of allied health services which include:
- Clinical counsellor
- Exercise physiotherapy
- Lymphoedema specialist
- Speech pathology
We also have a geriatrician on site for any outpatient care throughout the treatment journey.
Cancer exercise programme
Exercise has proven to reduce the impact of cancer symptoms and treatment related side-effects, including fatigue and nausea. At GenesisCare Hurstville we have an on-site gym and offer personalised exercise classes and group exercise programmes. Click here to a watch a video on cancer exercise.
Prostate cancer exercise programmes for:
- Pelvic floor muscle strength
- Urgency and frequency of urination
- Erectile dysfunction
- Side effects of hormonal treatment
Breast cancer exercise programmes for:
- Lymphoedema prevention and management
- Post-surgical scar / cording-tissue treatment
- Postural issues including strength and movement
- Loss of muscle mass and strength
Click here to watch a video on Lymphoedema prevention and management.
Patient access programme
The patient access programme is for rural and regional patients receiving stereotactic radiation therapy treatment. The patient access programme includes: Full radiation therapy treatment course
- Initial consultation with a radiation oncologist
- CT Scan
- Personalised treatment plan
- All treatment sessions
Accommodation GenesisCare Hurstville will cover accommodation for up to ten nights close to our centre for the initial consultation and subsequent treatment trips. Transport Our patient services team will coordinate patient pickups and return journeys from the provided accommodation to our treatment centre each day. GenesisCare Hurstville have partnered with Uber to provide transport for our patients. The patient access programme does not include transport to and from the patient’s place of residence to the provided accommodation and additional accommodation costs such as room service. Consulting rooms We have consultation rooms at two locations for your convenience: Waratah Private Hospital Suite 603, 31 Dora Street Hurstville NSW 22 Miranda Suite 15+16, Level 1, 50-52 Urunga Parade Miranda NSW 2228 After consultation, patients will receive their comprehensive oncology treatment at GenesisCare Hurstville – Waratah Private Hospital.