Clinical interest in lymphoma, obstetric haematology, lymphoproliferative disorders, thrombosis and medical education.
Georgia is a dual-trained Clinical and Laboratory Haematologist with a special interest in lymphoma and lymphoproliferative disorders. Georgia completed her advanced haematology training at St Vincent’s, Wollongong and St George Hospitals. She undertook a Clinical Fellowship in Lymphoma and Clinical Trials at The Kinghorn Cancer Centre, Sydney. This Clinical Fellowship involved an active research portfolio. Georgia was recognised by the American Society of Haematology in 2021 with an Abstract Achievement Award.
Georgia works as both a Clinical and Laboratory Haematologist at Northern Beaches Hospital and strives to deliver holistic patient care through combining clinical management with laboratory diagnosis of blood disorders. Georgia is also actively involved in medical education and is the incumbent Clinical Education Fellow in Medicine at Macquarie University, Northern Beaches Clinical School.
Georgia's approach to patient management is both personalised and empathic, offering high-quality, evidence-based care with careful consideration of her patients' unique set of circumstances.
- Lymphoma clinical trials
- Equity, diversity and inclusion in research
- Australasian Lymphoma and Leukaemia Research Group (ALLG) – Lymphoma Working Party member
- Haematology Society of Australia & New Zealand (HSANZ) member
- American Society of Haematology (ASH) member
- Australasian Lymphoma Alliance (ALA) member
- NSW eVIQ Haematology and BMT reference committee member
- The untold effect of the combined oral contraceptive pill on anticancer drugs. Mills G, Anderson MA, Tang C, Hamad N. Lancet Haematology. 2022 Jan;9(1):e10-e11. doi: 10.1016/S2352-3026(21)00377-X. PMID: 34971575.
- Capturing the Lived Experiences of Women with Lymphoma in Pregnancy: An Australasian Lymphoma Alliance Study. Mills G, Tang C, Di Ciaccio P, Chadwick V, Mason KD, Campbell B, Shanavas M, Morris K, Greenwood M, Kidson-Gerber G, Eslick R, Badoux X, Yannakou C, Gangatharan S, Hamad N. Blood (2021) Nov;23(138) (Supplement 1): 4099.
- Promising Real World Survival Data in Adult-Onset Langerhans Cell Histiocytosis: An Australasian Lymphoma Alliance 20 Year Retrospective Study. Mills G, Moore J, Cliff E, Fong C, Mangalasseril S, Tiley C, Gilbertson M, Ku M, Bazargan A, Bryson M, Menzies Wojtowicz M, Sungala N, Cunningham I, Hamad N. Blood (2021) Nov;23(138) (Supplement 1): 2570. https://doi.org/10.1182/blood-2021-152131
- Systematic Omission of Pregnant and Lactating Women from Malignant Haematology Trials Perpetuates a Cycle of Exclusion, Data Shortage and Disadvantage. Mills G, Tang C, Di Ciaccio P, Chadwick V, Withers B, Lavee O, Milliken S, Perram J, McCaughan G and Hamad N. Blood (2021) Nov;23(138) (Supplement 1):3050. https://doi.org/10.1182/blood-2021-149354
- Managing haematological malignancies in pregnant women. Di Ciaccio PR, Mills G, Tang C, Hamad N. Lancet Haematology. 2021 Sep;8(9):e623-e624.