- 2014 – Young Investigator Award Winner (Clinical) British Heart Rhythm Society
- 2013 – Highest scoring abstract (Cardiac Rhythm Management) British Cardiovascular Society/ British Heart Foundation
Gareth has an interest in patient-centred clinical research, especially in atrial fibrillation and his research is cited in current international guidelines. His research won him the British Heart Rhythm Society’s Young Investigator Award as well as awards from the British Cardiovascular Society and British Heart Foundation.
- Fellow, Cardiac Society of Australia and New Zealand
- Fellow, Royal Australasian College of Physicians
- Member, Asia Pacific Heart Rhythm Society
- Member, Heart Rhythm Society
Publications and affiliations
- Wynn G, Gupta D, Andrade J, Whitlock R. Propensity-matched registry results: too good to be true? Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2021 Jan 4;59(1):281. doi: 10.1093/ejcts/ezaa251.
- Kumar S, Haqqani H, Wynn G, Pathak RK, Lipton J, Mahajan R, Sanders P, Healey S, Wilsmore B, Mariani JA, Thomas SP, Weerasooriya R, McGavigan A, Gould PA, Weatherley P, Saad N, Cowan M, Turnbull S, Trivic I, Wong M, Tonchev I, Morton JB, Skinner JR, Pflaumer A, McGuire M, Kistler P, Kalman JM; Cardiac Society of Australia and New Zealand (CSANZ) Heart Rhythm Council COVID-19 Pandemic Working Group. Position Statement On The Management Of Cardiac Electrophysiology And Cardiac Implantable Electronic Devices In Australia During The Covid-19 Pandemic: A Living Document. Heart Lung Circ. 2020 Jun;29(6):e57-e68. doi: 10.1016/j.hlc.2020.04.001. Epub 2020 May 11.
- Wynn G, Gupta D, Maille B, Snowdon R, Waktare J, Todd D, Hall M, Mahida S, Modi S. Demonstration of pulmonary vein exit block following pulmonary vein isolation: A novel use for adenosine. J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. 2018 Nov;29(11):1493-1499.
- Wynn G, Panikker S, Morgan M, Hall M, Waktare J, Markides V, Hussain W, Salukhe T, Modi S, Jarman J, Jones DG, Snowdon R, Todd D, Wong T, Gupta D. Biatrial linear ablation in sustained non-permanent AF: Results of the Substrate Modification with Ablation and antiarrhythmic drugs in Non-Permanent Atrial Fibrillation Trial. Heart Rhythm. 2016 Feb;13(2):399-406. doi: 10.1016/j.hrthm.2015.10.006. Epub 2015 Oct 9
- GJ Wynn, DM Todd, M Webber, LJ Bonnett, J McShane, P Kirchhof, D Gupta. The European Heart Rhythm Association Symptom Classification for Atrial Fibrillation: Validation and Improvement through a Simple Modification. Europace 2014;16:965-72.