Special clinical interest in skin malignancies, head and neck, CNS and gastrointestinal tumours.
Dr Eka Moseshvili is a consultant Radiation Oncologist with GenesisCare Maitland. Eka qualified in medicine from the University of New South Wales. She completed her specialist training at the Mater Hospital, Newcastle, NSW, obtaining Fellowship of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Radiologists in 2015.
Eka undertook a Fellowship at Austin Hospital, Victoria in 2017. Eka has dedicated herself to providing the best possible care to patients in regional areas including Ballarat, Bendigo, and Shepparton. Returning to the Hunter region, Eka brings this experience to Maitland.
She is a generalist with clinical interests in skin malignancies, head and neck, neurological, urological, and gastrointestinal tumours, as well as treatment of benign diseases such as Dupuytren’s contracture.
Supporting the education of future specialists, Dr Eka Moseshvili also provides regular teaching to trainee radiation oncologists and medical students.
In her spare time, she enjoys gardening/permaculture, reading, arts, amateur electronics, and time with family.
- Faculty Council of Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Radiology, ESTO
- Wilson, Craig & Moseshvili, Eka & Lim Joon, Daryl & Chao, Michael & Foroudi, Farshad. (2018). Assessment of urinary bladder motion and bladder cancer location using cine magnetic resonance imaging (cineMRI). Journal of Medical Imaging and Radiation Oncology. 62. 163.
- Serum procollagen 1 amino-terminal propeptide (P1NP) in prostate cancer: Pitfalls of its use as an early surrogate marker for bone metastasis. J Med Imaging Radiat Oncol. 2014 Jan 13. (Epub ahead of print) Moseshvili E, Joseph DJ, Spry NA, Cohen RJ, Abreu A, Kautto A, Denham JW
- SYDNEY 2016 - Engineering & Physical Sciences in Medicine (EPSM) Conference. Oral presentation Moseshvili E, Kupfer T, Khor R. Not all 3D-printed PLAs are created equal: An initial assessment of physical and dosimetric consistency of 3D-printed bolus samples sourced from different manufacturers in Melbourne.
- MELBOURNE 2016 – 3D Med Seminar: 3D Printing innovation and medical applications. Guest speaker.