Special clinical interests in metastatic prostate cancer
Dr Sivaratnam graduated from Monash University, Melbourne in 1993 with honours.
He became a Fellow of the College of Physicians in Cardiology in 2001 and received his specialist recognition in Nuclear Medicine in 2002.
Dr Sivaratnam is head of Nuclear Medicine at Cabrini and the acting head of Nuclear Medicine at the Royal Melbourne Hospital.
He has a very keen interest in the treatment of thyroid cancer and metastatic prostate cancer.
He practices in all aspects of nuclear medicine and PET.
- 2003 - Awarded the first prize in the State of Victoria by the Royal College of Physicians for Research done by a registrar in 2002.
- The title of the research project was “The dramatic and sustained fall in native heart left ventricular ejection fraction post heterotopic heart transplantation”. Chosen to represent the state of Victoria at the national RACP meeting in Hobart in 2003
- 1983 - Armond Hammer School Scholarship, New-Mexico
- 2022 - American Journal of Urology. Feb 2022. - Positron Emission Tomography Maximum Standardized Uptake Value as a Predictor of Gleason Pattern 4 and Pathological Upgrading in Intermediate-Risk Prostate Cancer
- 2021 - Dinesh Sivaratnam (MBBS,FRACP), Simon Grodski (MBBS,FRACS), Duncan Topliss (MD, FRACP, FACE), Georgia Allen (B.App.Sci), and Michelle Gordon (MBBS,FRACP). Potential Pitfalls in Accurately Diagnosing I-131 Resistance in Metastatic Papillary Carcinoma. Internal Medicine Journal 51 (Suppl. 3) (2021) 15–38
- Melissa Cheng 1 , Yolanda Antill 2,, Steven David 4, Dinesh Sivaratnam. Pitfall of 18F-FDG PET/CT in detecting recurrence of lobular breast carcinoma post radiotherapy. Internal Medicine Journal 51 (Suppl. 3) (2021) 15–38
- Theodore Y. Lau1 · Yung Hsiang Kao1 · H. B. Toh1 · Dinesh Sivaratnam1 · Meir Lichtenstein1 · Dennis Velakoulis2,3 · Mark Walterfang2,3,4; Brain hypometabolic changes in 14
- adolescent–adult patients with Niemann–Pick disease type C assessed by 18F‐fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography
- Journal of Neurology, March 2021. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00415-021-10535-4