GenesisCare Cabrini (Gandel Wing) offers oncology services including radiation therapy.
GenesisCare Cabrini is a radiation therapy centre providing patients with a comprehensive cancer service onsite at Cabrini Hospital in Malvern. Our centre is located on level B4 of the Gandel Wing.
Learn more about radiation therapy treatment for non-melanoma skin cancer at GenesisCare. Click here for further details.
What we offer to patients:
- Immediate access to treatment for all patients (no wait list)
- Personalised treatment plan for every patient
- One Radiation Oncologist managing patient’s treatment from start to finish Cancer Nurse Consultant to support patients throughout treatment
- State of the art technology and leading-edge treatments
- Comprehensive care – with multidisciplinary team to deliver the best possible care to patients
- Access to free patient car parking onsite for patients on treatment
Our treatments and services
- Radiation Therapy
- External Beam Radiation Therapy
- Deep Inspiration Breath Hold (DIBH) for left-sided Breast treatment
- Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT)
- Volumetric Modulated Arc Therapy (VMAT)
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS)
- Stereotactic Ablative Body Radiotherapy (SABR)
- Radiation therapy for non-melanoma skin cancer
Our Theranostics service in partnership with Cabrini Hospital offers a multidisciplinary approach. We ensuring our patients receive safe, innovative and personalised therapeutic radioisotope treatments. We work closely with Cabrini Nuclear Medicine to provide the latest PET and SPECT technology for molecular imaging and a comprehensive Theranostics service.
Allied Health Services
Onsite cancer services available at Cabrini Hospital include:
- Pathology provided by Melbourne Pathology
- Medical Imaging and diagnostics provided by Cabrini Imaging
- Chemotherapy Day unit located at Cabrini Malvern and Cabrini Brighton
- Clinical trials for haematology and oncology patients
- Access to a comprehensive range of Allied Health services provided by Cabrini Hospital including Dietician, Social Work, Physiotherapy, Clinical Psychology and Exercise Physiology
- The nearby public transport options include Tram – route number 5, stop 47 Cabrini Hospital on Wattletree Road
- Train – Pakenham, Frankston and Cranbourne lines, stopping at Malvern Station. Malvern station is 750m walk to/from Cabrini Hospital
- To view up-to-date public transport information www.ptv.vic.gov.au or visit the Cabrini Hospital website www.cabrini.com.au
Enter via Cabrini Hospital Main entrance off Coonil Crescent. Follow the signs to the Gandel Wing and take the lift down to level B4. The entrance to the GenesisCare Radiation Oncology centre is adjacent to the lift.