Dr Lee specialises in neuro-oncology, head and neck, genitourinary cancers, liquid biopsy and education and training.
Dr Lee is a Medical Oncologist and Network Director of Physician Training at Royal North Shore Hospital and Genesis Care. He has clinical and research interests in neuro-oncology, head and neck and genitourinary cancers. He is currently an Executive Member of the Medical Oncology Group of Australia (MOGA) and Chair of the State Committee in the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (RACP).
Dr Lee is part of a global team with Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Centre, New York in furthering research in liquid biopsies of solid tumours. His other research interests are in malignant brain tumours and clotting which are conducted through the Bill Walsh Translational Cancer Research Laboratory at the Kolling Institute, University of Sydney. He was previously a recipient of a Rebecca Cooper Foundation Scholarship and has also received funding from Sydney Vital Translational Cancer Research. Dr Lee is also a visiting medical officer at Armidale Hospital where he supervises and co-ordinates the care of general oncology patients in the Armidale region.
He has been the Senior Medical Registrar at Royal North Shore Hospital (2012 -2013). In addition, Dr Lee is also heavily involved with teaching of medical students at the Sydney Medical School – both in clinical tutorials, lectures and examination and basic science research projects.
- Mark Hughes Foundation Innovation grant
- Rebecca Cooper Foundation PhD scholarship
- Sydney Vital Scholarship
- Circulating Biomarkers for disease progression
Publications and affiliations
- Anti‐epidermal growth factor receptor therapy for glioblastoma in adults
- A prospective study of circulating tumor DNA to guide matched targeted therapy in lung cancers
- The intertwined fates of inflammation and coagulation in glioma
- ROS1-Rearranged Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancer, Factor V Leiden, and Recurrent Venous Thromboses.
- Cilengitide with metronomic temozolomide, procarbazine, and standard radiotherapy in patients with glioblastoma and unmethylated MGMT gene promoter in ExCentric, an open-label phase II trial
- Chair, NSW/ACT Regional Committee, Royal Australasian College of Physicians
- Executive Committee, Medical Oncology Group of Australia
- NSW Physician Training Council
- NSW Basic Physician Training Networks Committee
- College Council, Royal Australasian College of Physicians