GenesisCare Wesley offers oncology services including radiation therapy.
About the centre
Co-located alongside the Wesley Hospital, GenesisCare Wesley has been delivering high-quality radiation therapy treatment to our local and regional communities for over thirty years. Our experienced clinical team make use of the latest technology and world class treatments, giving our patients access to the best available management options.
What we offer patients
Our centre offers specialised treatments such as Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS) Stereotactic Ablative Body Radiotherapy (SABR), Deep Inspiration Breath Hold (DIBH), skin cancer treatments and Brachytherapy.
Our Stereotactic Radiosurgery program (SRS) was the first of its kind in Queensland and has been running for over 20 years. A non-invasive alternative to surgery, SRS uses a precise form of radiation to treat brain conditions including malignant or benign tumours. Unlike surgery, SRS is delivered as an outpatient procedure. Which means it carries less risk of complications or side effects while enhancing quality of life for our patients.
Our treatments and services
- 3D Conformal Radiation Therapy
- Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT)
- Volumetric Modulated Arc Therapy (VMAT)
- External Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS/SRT)
- Stereotactic Ablative Body Radiotherapy (SABR)
- Deep Inspiration Breath Hold (DIBH) for left-sided Breast treatment
- Specialised Skin Cancer Treatment
Allied Health Services
- Breast Care Nurse
- Exercise Physiologist
- Lymphoedema Specialist