About the centre
GenesisCare Murdoch will be the first private radiation oncology centre to provide patients with access to comprehensive cancer care in Perth’s southern suburbs. The new centre is the result of a partnership between Centuria Healthcare, St John of God Murdoch Hospital and GenesisCare.
GenesisCare Murdoch will be conveniently located at St John of God Hospital Murdoch enabling patients to receive integrated and coordinated cancer care in one location.
The state-of-the-art radiation oncology centre is due to open in February 2022 for both public and private patients.
- Sept 2020 – Early works commence
- Nov 2020 – Main works commence
- Feb 2021 – Bunker structure completion
- May 2021 – The construction of a pedestrian bridge to link the main hospital’s Thomas Furlong ward directly to GenesisCare
- May 2021 – Fit-out commences
- Oct 2021 – Elekta linac delivery
- Dec 2021 – Siemens PET & SPEC CT delivery
- Dec 2021 – Practical completion
- Feb 2022 – Centre opens