Type 2 Diabetes
To evaluate and compare two medications as add-on therapy to metformin for the treatment of Type 2 Diabetes
To be considered for the study you must meet the following criteria:
- 18 years of age or older
- Diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes
- Have been on a stable Diabetes treatment with Metformin (≥ 1500mg/day) for 3 months
- Have a BMI > 25
- Have HbA1c > 7.0%
Your participation in this study will include 40 weeks of treatment, followed by a four-week safety follow-up period.
You will be required to attend approximately 12 clinic visits. During these visits you will be asked about your health and medications and have physical examinations, blood tests and ECG’s performed.
You will also be required to undertake an eye examination at the beginning of the study. You will be reimbursed for travel and study expenses.
- Joondalup – Shenton House (Cardiology) - Perth
- Murdoch (Cardiology) - Perth
- Friendly Society Private Hospital (FSPH) Bundaberg - Bundaberg