To evaluate a new medication for the treatment of patients in heart failure with a reduced ejection fraction and with iron deficiency.
To be considered for the study you must meet the following criteria:
- 18 years of age or older
- History of stable heart failure
- At last one admission to hospital for heart failure within the last 12 months
- Reduced left ventricular ejection fraction
- Able to perform 6-minute walk test
Your participation in this study will last between 1 year and 3½ years
You will be required to attend the clinic for 3 initial visits (Screen, Day 0 & Day 7) and a visit every 6 months. During these visits, you will receive your medication dose, have a physical examination, blood tests and a 6-minute walk test performed. You will also receive a 3 monthly telephone call to ask about your health and medications
You will be reimbursed for travel and study-related expenses.
- Wesley Hospital Auchenflower (Cardiology) - Brisbane