Consultant Clinical Oncologist at Bristol Cancer Institute, University Hospitals Bristol with a special interest in breast and urological cancers.
Research lead for uro-oncology at Bristol Haematology and Oncology Centre. Led and developed the prostate brachytherapy service at Bristol.
Internationally renowned expert on all aspects of prostate cancer treatment and can discuss the intricacies of the new modalities of treatment including IMRT, proton therapy, single modality HDR brachytherapy, enabling patients to come to an informed decision. Professor Bahl has been an expert adviser to NICE for the technology appraisal on new drugs and an external service reviewer at oncology departments elsewhere in the country.
Prior to Professor Bahl current roles, he became member of the Royal College of Physicians (UK) and trained in clinical oncology, achieving the fellowship of the Royal College of Radiologists qualification. Awarded the fellowship of the Royal College of Physicians and a current member of the National Cancer Research Institute Clinical Studies Groups for bladder cancer and chair the penile cancer subgroup. Professor Bahl has been college tutor of the Royal College of Radiologists for 10 years and has supervised several MD theses in breast and prostate cancer research. He has previously been in the NCRI renal and prostate clinical studies group. He is an Executive Committee member of the British Uro-oncology Group.
Actively involved in research into breast, prostate, bladder and penile cancers and has more than 100 publications in these research areas and has several presentations at national and international meetings. In 2012, he was awarded the Cochrane Shanks Jalil Professorship by the Royal College of Radiologists, London and is a Visiting Professor to two international centres and at the University of West of England. He currently holds research grants in excess of £2million and is Chief Investigator for several multicentre trials including ATLAS, CONCEPT and ACE which are focusing on new modalities of treatment in breast and prostate cancer and is also leading the robotic brachytherapy project.
- Consultant Clinical Oncologist, Bristol Cancer Institute, University Hospitals Bristol
- Research lead for uro-oncology, Bristol Haematology and Oncology Centre
- College tutor, Royal College of Radiologists
- Actively involved in research into breast, prostate, bladder and penile cancers. More than 100 publications in these research areas and has several presentations at national and international meetings. Research lead for uro-oncology at Bristol Haematology and Oncology Centre. Led and developed the prostate brachytherapy service at Bristol.
- British Uro-Oncology Group
- NCRI Prostate and Bladder Cancer Clinical Studies Groups
- Royal College of Physicians London
- Royal College of Radiologists London