Miss Roy is a Consultant Oncoplastic and Reconstructive Breast Surgeon in Oxford since 2011. She only performs breast surgery and offers all aspects including breast cancer surgery, reconstruction surgery and cosmetic surgery.
She graduated from University of Delhi, India and underwent higher surgical training at Oxford. She was selected for prestigious National Oncoplastic Fellowship at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust in 2009 and did a higher degree in research in breast cancer from University of Dundee. Since her appointment, she has set up a successful Oncoplastic breast service at OUH Hospitals. A full range of reconstructive service is being offered in close association with plastic surgeons, who perform free flap reconstruction. She is a very dedicated clinician and offers compassionate consultations and individualized expert advice and opinion for breast problems.
Miss Roy specializes in diagnosis and management of breast diseases, both benign and malignant. Her specialist interest includes surgical management of breast cancer whilst ensuring an optimum aesthetic outcome by offering specialist techniques such as mammaplasty and partial breast reconstruction. She offers immediate breast reconstruction with implants and flaps for patients undergoing mastectomy for breast cancer and offers sentinel lymph node biopsy for axillary staging of patients with breast cancer. She also offers correction of breast deformities and/or breast asymmetry to patients having undergone breast cancer surgery in the past.
Miss Roy also specializes in cosmetic and aesthetic breast surgery and ensures that all consultations and surgical planning sessions take place in a confidential and supportive environment with due emphasis on expectations and outcomes.
She is actively involved in breast cancer research and is the principal investigator at Oxford for national and international trials. She is motivated to enhance the research in the field and is actively involved in recruiting patients for research projects in collaboration with CRUK. She is a faculty member for Oncoplastic Breast Surgery courses organized by Association of Breast Surgery and is the course director for OOPS course (educational course to facilitate the teaching and training of oncoplastic breast surgery).
- ASCO travelling Fellowship 2009
- Clinical Excellence awards (Level 5)
- Research grant from industry for an international trial in breast reconstruction with ADM.
- Breast reconstruction
- Oncoplastic Breast surgery
- Breast pain; breast lump, lump in the armpit
- Breast reduction
- Breast augmentation
- Breast Lift
- Benign breast diseases,
- Male breast enlargement
- Breast cancer treatment
- Hereditary breast cancer counselling
- Lymph node biopsy
- One stop clinic
- Partial breast reconstruction
- Perforator flaps
- Cosmetic breast surgery
Publications and affiliations
- Roy PG, Verhoeven D. Neoadjuvant dual amti-Her-2 therapy for early breast cancer: where do we stand? Gland Surgery 2020 Oct 9(5):1167-69. doi: 10.1111/ejn.14294. Epub 2019 Jan 6
- Nanda A, Hu J, Hodgkinson S, Raisnbury R, Roy PG. Cochrane protocol for ‘Oncoplastic breast-conserving surgery for women with primary breast cancer’ published in Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, Issue 6, June 2020.
- Lohmander F, Lagergren J, Johansson H, Roy PG, Frisell J, Frandberg Y. Quality of life and patient satisfaction after implant-based breast reconstruction with or without acellular dermal matrix: randomized clinical trial. BJS Open 2020 Aug 6.
- Simon Lord, Jennifer Collins, Wei-Chen Cheng, Alastair Thompson, Pankaj Roy, Christian Frezza, Francesca Buffa, Fredrik Karpe, and Adrian Harris. Transcriptomic analysis of human primary breast cancer identifies fatty acid oxidation as a target for metformin British Journal of Cancer 2020 Jan;122(2):256-265.
- Increasing the incidence of drain-free day-case mastectomies with the use of a fibrin tissue sealant; data from a single surgical center in the United Kingdom. Harrison C, Remoundos D, Harvey K, Stoker G, MacLean G, Adwani A, Roy PG. Breast J. 2019 Jul 23. doi: 10.1111/tbj.13419. [Epub ahead of print]
- British Association of Breast Surgeons (ABS)
- Association of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland (ASGBI)
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
- European School of Surgical Oncology (ESSO)
- Faculty of Medical Leadership and Management (FMLM)