Dr. Challapalli is a Consultant Clinical Oncologist at Bristol Cancer Institute, University Hospitals Bristol NHS Foundation Trust specialising in the management of urological cancers and non-melanomatous skin cancer with radiotherapy, chemotherapy and immunotherapy. He chairs the clinical governance committee at the Bristol Cancer Institute and is a member of the Medicines Advisory Group (MAG).
He organises and lectures in the skin cancer study day for the Royal College of Radiologists and is a faculty member on other courses for the college. He is also a panel member of Mirrors in Medicine, an International Case-based professional development platform.
Dr. Challapalli undertook his medical and postgraduate training in clinical oncology in India and in the UK, achieving Fellowship of the Royal College of Radiologists. He subsequently completed a PhD at Imperial College, London in January 2014. His research focused on the translation of novel PET tracers looking at cell proliferation, apoptosis and choline metabolism into clinical studies to look at early response assessment to treatment.
His work has been published in peer-reviewed journals and presented at national and international meetings.
- Consultant Clinical Oncologist at Bristol Cancer Institute, University Hospitals Bristol NHS Foundation Trust
- UK Chief Investigator for the adjuvant Cemiplimab trial in high risk squamous cell carcinoma and a Co-Chief Investigator of the national multicentre ACE trial
- Royal College of Radiologists, London
- British Uro-Oncology Group
- Functional imaging for urological cancers, stereotactic radiotherapy, brachytherapy, image guidance and exploring chemotherapy & immunotherapy combinations