Centre for diagnostics, oncology and wellbeing
Get better care. Faster.
Working in partnership with medical professionals who also work across the local Trusts, we provide diagnostics, state-of-the- art radiotherapy and chemotherapy treatments as well as integrated wellbeing programmes.
Easy access to treatments and services
Accessing the treatments you need couldn’t be easier – we’re recognised by all the major private medical insurers and we also offer a range of self-pay options. We can help with the paperwork too.
At Newmarket we offer:
We’re always pushing the boundaries investing in the most advanced technology to develop better targeted radiotherapy treatments to provide:
- Surface Guided Radiotherapy (SGRT) enabling:
o Tattoo free treatments
o Faceless shells for patients with brain and head and neck cancers – this provides a less claustrophobic experience
o Quick daily treatment set-up reducing the time you spend in the centre each day
- Image Guided Radiotherapy (IGRT), daily imaging to accurately target the treatment site
- Deep Inspiration Breath Hold (DIBH) – this technique reduces movement in the area treated. For patients with left sided breast cancer it reduces the risk of damage to the heart. It is also used for patients with cancers of the chest and abdomen.
- Stereotactic Ablative Radiotherapy (SABR) delivers fewer but larger doses of radiotherapy to treat certain cancers. This can significantly reduce your treatment period.
- Volumetric Modulated Arc Therapy (VMAT) We offer VMAT to all patients. This includes patients needing palliative treatment who we normally treat within 2 days
- Partial Breast Irradiation (PBI) is suitable for low-risk patients and has significantly fewer side effects offering better cosmetic outcomes without compromising long-term clinical outcomes.
- SpaceOAR Hydrogel – this implant can improve the short and long-term side-effects of prostate radiotherapy treatment. And is available to all men who would benefit at no additional cost.
We provide a full complement of chemotherapy regimes for oncology and haematology.
Treatment is provided in a dedicated personal room with television, internet access, drinks facilities and lunch if required. And there’s a comfortable lounge for your friends and relatives.
Our nursing specialists offer a 24-hour, 7 days a week telephone advice line for patients and their relatives to assess issues and offer appropriate advice, liaising with your consultant as necessary.
Working in partnership with Penny Brohn UK, we provide complementary therapies as part of your treatment. These include holistic treatments such as reflexology and relaxation as well as mindfulness meditation for our patients and their families.
Our counselling service is confidential. It can help you feel more in control by making sense of your feelings and managing anxieties about your cancer and its treatment.
Take a tour round our state-of-the-art centre and meet some of our team.
The little big things
Parking, transport and appointment times – they all matter. We’ll do everything we can to help you in your treatment plan and get on with your life.
And that’s why we offer:
- Fast access when you need it
- A carefully scheduled treatment programme
- A choice of consultation times
- A comfortable, modern, calm and relaxing environment
- Free on-site parking
- Friendly and supportive team
- A wellbeing programme to support you through your treatment
- A private car service for radiotherapy and chemotherapy patients if required
Once you’re referred to us, a member of our patient support team will contact you to arrange an initial planning appointment. They will talk you through what to expect and answer any questions you have.
We have a whole team of experts – from consultant oncologists, haematologists, and radiologists to specialist nurses, radiographers, wellbeing practitioners and patient support staff. And they’re all here to help you.
Getting to Newmarket
Our patients have access to plenty of free on-site parking or if you would rather not drive yourself, we’ll even drive you from your home to your chemotherapy and/or radiotherapy appointment.
Difficulty getting to us?
We want to support you by making your time with us as comfortable and convenient as possible. We are pleased to be able to offer a free car service which can be used to attend as many treatment sessions as required. This service is not paid for by insurance companies, but is available to you from GenesisCare regardless of whether you are insured or self-pay.