Southampton cancer centre awarded ‘Outstanding’ CQC rating
- GenesisCare in Southampton has been rated ‘Outstanding’ by the Care Quality Commission (CQC), following an unannounced inspection
- Rating awarded for the centre’s high level of care and treatment for cancer patients from Hampshire and the surrounding areas; offering advanced radiotherapy as standard and having the equipment and control measures in place to protect patients, themselves and others from infection
- The independent inspectors noted that exceptional emotional support is provided to patients, their families, and their carers
- To further improve access to world-class cancer treatment, GenesisCare confirms new investment in the centre including the installation of the latest generation linear accelerator radiotherapy machine and refurbishment
Southampton, UK, 28th March 2022 – GenesisCare has announced today that its specialist cancer centre in Southampton has been rated ‘Outstanding’ in a recent Care Quality Commission (CQC) inspection.
- The centre provides state-of-the-art radiotherapy along with integrated wellbeing programmes to patients from Hampshire and the surrounding areas, including the Channel Islands.
- The overall ‘Outstanding’ rating from the CQC is based on an unannounced inspection of the centre in December 2021. The inspectors’ assessment was in the five key areas – safety, effectiveness of services, level of caring, responsiveness to people’s needs and if services are well-led.
- The report commends the “strong, visible, patient centered culture”, with staff providing “exceptional emotional support to patients, families and carers”. It highlights that patient travel arrangements covered by the centre meant that patients “did not have to worry about how they would get to the service or the financial impact of a cancer diagnosis.”
- Carl Crouch, Centre Leader at GenesisCare Southampton comments on the CQC report: “The feedback from the CQC about our team and the care we provide is something we’re really proud of. Being awarded the coveted Outstanding rating is testament to the hard work and dedication that I see from my team every day at our Southampton Centre, which is underpinned by the commitment and support from the wider GenesisCare team. The investment in the latest evidence-based equipment enables patients to continue to access the best possible treatment alongside the best possible care.”
- Dr Eliot Sims, Chief Medical Officer – UK, adds: “I am very proud of the GenesisCare team in Southampton achieving Outstanding CQC status, a well-deserved recognition for the team that demonstrates our commitment to delivering world class care”.
- Full Care Quality Commission GenesisCare Southampton report. Available at: Genesis Care, Southampton (cqc.org.uk)