What is stereotactic ablative radiation therapy (SABR)?
SABR targets tumours in the body with high doses of radiation therapy. It destroys cancer cells with minimum damage to surrounding healthy tissues.
- You might be offered SABR instead of surgery
- It’s used to treat lung, spine, liver and bone tumours and tumours in individual lymph nodes
- It offers some patients longer disease and symptom control and improved quality of life
- It may use ‘rotational radiation therapy’ (VMAT) to focus a high dose of radiation to the tumour
- Surrounding healthy tissue receives a lower dose, minimising the risks of side-effects
- Targeted treatment means that SABR is effective and usually over quickly – just three to eight sessions
Radiotherapy at GenesisCare
Our Radiography Team
An early diagnosis could lead to a better outcome and many would opt for supplementary screening at an earlier age to allay concerns and offer peace of mind.
Our Treatment Centers
GenesisCare leads the way in providing patient-focused care through a network of conveniently located, purpose-built cancer treatment Centers.
We are excited to be trialling SpaceOAR/Hydrogel technology and will be rolling it out across our Centers in 2018.