Our global leadership
Founder and Managing Director
Dr David O’Donnell
Cardiologist Director, GenesisCare
Head of Healthcare Australia, Macquarie Capital
Dr Bruce Wang
Chief Operating Officer and Senior Deputy General Manager of China Resources Capital Management Limited
Deputy General Manager of the Strategy Management Department of China Resources (Holdings) Limited
Deputy General Manager of China Healthcare
Non-Executive Independent Director
Dr Michael Guiney
Oncologist Director, GenesisCare
Clinical management structure
GenesisCare’s clinical management structures are designed to protect and promote the clinical independence of the group’s medical practitioners and to maintain maximum engagement of local doctors and managers in the day to day decision making of each practice.
Clinical Leaders Forums (CLF)
Representatives from each local CMC meet regularly as part of a national specialtybased Clinical Leaders Forum (CLF). There are currently two CLF’s – one for CancerCare and one for HeartCare.
The role of the CLF includes approving network clinical standards, knowledge sharing, clinical governance and research and development. It is constituted to provide strong clinical and professional direction in cardiology and radiation oncology through a cohesive and innovative network committed to achieving clinical excellence.
The terms of reference for the CLF’s broadly include:
- Network and sub-specialist collaboration
- Network and sub-specialist collaboration
- Clinical quality and safety
- Service development
- Special advisory functions (eg, professional and ethical advice).
Clinical Management Structure (CMC)
Each practice forming part of the broader group is empowered to administer local clinical matters via a local Clinical Management Committee (CMC). Doctors from the practice nominate a subset of their doctor group to sit on the CMC including one doctor who acts as the CMC Chairman. These nominated doctors assume responsibility to manage ‘clinical matters’ for the practice.
Our Consumer Advisory Committee (CAC)
GenesisCare recognises that one of the best ways of enhancing quality of care is to listen to and partner with people who have experienced cancer and its treatments.Using this experience, our consumers provide advice and make an active contribution as key partners in the planning, delivery and reform of our services, by working with us as part of the National Consumer Advisory Committee (CAC).
With sincere thanks to previous serving members of the Consumer Advisory Committee: Alvaro Alonco, David Vance (RIP) and Peter Coady (RIP).
Meet our committee
Denise Mc Gowan
Consumer Representative Panel (CRP)
GenesisCare recognises that one of the best ways of enhancing quality of care is to listen to and partner with people who have experienced cancer and its treatments. Using this experience, our consumers provide advice and make an active contribution as key partners in the planning, delivery and reform of our services, by working with us as part of the Consumer Representative Panel (CRP). To be part the panel we ask patients and carers to complete this form. Potential candidates will be contacted by the Patient Experience Team based on suitability.
10 examples of how we partner with consumers to co-design our service
5 examples of learnings from partnering with consumers that influence our service
1. We provide patient-facing information brochures that are easy to read and understand. These are accessible in all centres and we are working towards having these accessible online.
2. We created an easy to read and use a website where resources and information are available and easy to find.
3. We developed Safety and quality information that is displayed to patients in a high-level format on wait room slides in centres and detailed information accessible on our website, designed with consumers.
4. The creation of our patient stories gives patients a voice and enables members of our team to better understand the patient perspective to achieve better patient outcomes.
5. We worked closely with a patient who experience DIBH and developed the “A patient’s perspective of DIBH” video to educate our team about the consumer perspective with this treatment technique.