As a breast cancer survivor and avid dragonboater I am passionate about helping my patients live their best lives during and after treatment
- Awards received 2011 – Excellence in Academics Award, The University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
- I actively enrol patients in clinical trials and have an interest in circulating tumor cell translational research in breast and prostate cancer as well as PSMA-PET imaging for prostate patients
Publications and affiliations
- Mendez LC, Arifin AJ, Bauman GS, Velker VM, Ahmad B, Lock M, Venkatesan VM, Sexton TL, Rodrigues GB, Chen J, Schaly B, Warner A, D’Souza DP. Is hypofractionated whole pelvis radiotherapy (WPRT) as well tolerated as conventionally fractionated WPRT in prostate cancer patients? The HOPE trial. BMC Cancer, 2020 Oct 9; 20 (1): 978, Coauthor, DOI: 10.1186/s12885-020-07490-0.
- Borrie AE, Rose FA, Choi YH, Perera FE, Read N, Sexton T, Lock M, Vandenberg TA, Hahn K, Younus J, Logan D, Potvin K, Yaremko B, Yu E, Lenehan J, Welch S, Teft WA, Kim RB. Genetic and clinical predictors of arthralgia during letrozole or anastrozole therapy in breast cancer patients. Breast Cancer Res Treat, 2020 Jul 6, Coauthor, DOI: 10.1007/s10549-020-05777-1.
- Liu W, Zukotynski K, Emmett L, Chung HT, Chung P, Wolfson R, Rachinsky I, Kapoor A, Metser U, Loblaw A, Morton G, Sexton T, Lock M, Helou J, Berlin A, Boylan C, Archer S, Pond GR, Bauman G. A Prospective Study of 18F-DCFPyL PSMA PET/CT Restaging in Recurrent Prostate Cancer following Primary External Beam Radiotherapy or Brachytherapy. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys, 2020 Mar 1; 106 (3): 546-555, Coauthor, DOI: 10.1016/j.ijrobp.2019.11.001.
- Guidolin K, Yaremko B, Lynn K, Gaede S, Kornecki A, Muscedere G, BenNachum I, Shmuilovich O, Mouawad M, Yu E, Sexton T, PhD MD, Gelman N, Moiseenko V, Brackstone M, Lock M. Stereotactic image-guided neoadjuvant ablative single-dose radiation, then lumpectomy, for early breast cancer: the SIGNAL prospective single-arm trial of single-dose radiation therapy. Curr Oncol, 2019 Jun 1; 26 (3): e334-e340, Coauthor, DOI: 10.3747/co.26.4479.
- McPherson VA, Rodrigues G, Bauman G, Winquist E, Chin J, Izawa J, Potvin K, Ernst S, Venkatesan V, Sexton T, Ahmad B, Power N. Supplementary data: Chemoradiotherapy in octogenarians as primary treatment for muscle-invasive bladder cancer. Can Urol Assoc J, 2017 Jan 1; 11 (1-2): E64-E65, Coauthor, DOI: 10.5489/cuaj.4476.
- Radiation Oncology Residency Program Director Western university, Canada 2008-2018
- National Program Director Committee for Competency-based medical education for Radiation Oncology, RCPSC, Canada 2016-2018
- Southwest regional lead breast cancer survivorship, Ontario, Canada 2012-2021
- Chair Medical Advisory Panel, International Breast Cancer Paddling Commission 2021-present
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC)