Clinical interests in breast cancer, GU cancer, prostate cancer, radiation therapy techniques, and survivorship education.
Tracy obtained her undergraduate medical degree in British Columbia, Canada in 2002 after completing a PhD in genetics in 1998. She moved her family across the country to Ontario, Canada for her specialty training in Radiation Oncology and after obtaining her fellowship in 2007 began her career as a Radiation Oncologist at the London Regional Cancer Program in London, Canada where she worked for 15 years. In 2011 Tracy was recognised by The University of Western Ontario, London, Canada with an Excellence in Academics Award.
Tracy has been actively involved in the education of medical students and residents and was the Radiation Oncology Program Director for 10 years during which she was heavily involved in the national transition to competency based medical education through the Royal College.
As a 16 year breast cancer survivor she has a commitment to building survivorship programs and improving patients lives through teamwork.
Areas of interest: breast, GU and pediatric malignancies; survivorship.
Other interests: 11 year member of Rowbust, London breast cancer survivor dragonboat racing team.
Since moving to Australia I enjoy spending time with my daughter, who is a primary school teacher in Melbourne, traveling and spending time on the water.
Tracy has an interest in both breast and prostate cancer clinical trials.
- Radiation Oncology Residency Program Director Western University, Canada 2008-2018
- National Program Director Committee for Competency-based Medical Education for Radiation Oncology, RCPSC, Canada 2016-2018
- Southwest regional lead breast cancer survivorship, Ontario, Canada 2012-2021
- Chair Medical Advisory Panel, International Breast Cancer Paddling Commission 2021-present
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC)
- Mendez LC, Arifin AJ, Bauman GS, Velker VM, Ahmad B, Lock M, Venkatesan VM, Sexton TL, Rodrigues GB, Chen J, Schaly B, Warner A, D’Souza DP. Is hypofractionated whole pelvis radiotherapy (WPRT) as well tolerated as conventionally fractionated WPRT in prostate cancer patients? The HOPE trial. BMC Cancer, 2020 Oct 9; 20 (1): 978, Coauthor, DOI: 10.1186/s12885-020-07490-0.
- Borrie AE, Rose FA, Choi YH, Perera FE, Read N, Sexton T, Lock M, Vandenberg TA, Hahn K, Younus J, Logan D, Potvin K, Yaremko B, Yu E, Lenehan J, Welch S, Teft WA, Kim RB. Genetic and clinical predictors of arthralgia during letrozole or anastrozole therapy in breast cancer patients. Breast Cancer Res Treat, 2020 Jul 6, Coauthor, DOI: 10.1007/s10549-020-05777-1.
- Liu W, Zukotynski K, Emmett L, Chung HT, Chung P, Wolfson R, Rachinsky I, Kapoor A, Metser U, Loblaw A, Morton G, Sexton T, Lock M, Helou J, Berlin A, Boylan C, Archer S, Pond GR, Bauman G. A Prospective Study of 18F-DCFPyL PSMA PET/CT Restaging in Recurrent Prostate Cancer following Primary External Beam Radiotherapy or Brachytherapy. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys, 2020 Mar 1; 106 (3): 546-555, Coauthor, DOI: 10.1016/j.ijrobp.2019.11.001.
- Guidolin K, Yaremko B, Lynn K, Gaede S, Kornecki A, Muscedere G, BenNachum I, Shmuilovich O, Mouawad M, Yu E, Sexton T, PhD MD, Gelman N, Moiseenko V, Brackstone M, Lock M. Stereotactic image-guided neoadjuvant ablative single-dose radiation, then lumpectomy, for early breast cancer: the SIGNAL prospective single-arm trial of single-dose radiation therapy. Curr Oncol, 2019 Jun 1; 26 (3): e334-e340, Coauthor, DOI: 10.3747/co.26.4479.
- McPherson VA, Rodrigues G, Bauman G, Winquist E, Chin J, Izawa J, Potvin K, Ernst S, Venkatesan V, Sexton T, Ahmad B, Power N. Supplementary data: Chemoradiotherapy in octogenarians as primary treatment for muscle-invasive bladder cancer. Can Urol Assoc J, 2017 Jan 1; 11 (1-2): E64-E65, Coauthor, DOI: 10.5489/cuaj.4476.