Special clinical interests in breast, urological, gastrointestinal and lymphoma
Following completion of a Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery at the University of Western Australia in 2000, Rohen initially embarked on a surgical career before changing paths and pursuing specialist training in radiation oncology at the Peter MacCallum Cancer Institute in Melbourne.
In 2013, he was awarded the prestigious Windeyer Fellowship which took him to the Mount Vernon Cancer Centre in London for further subspecialist training. Rohen then spent a second fellowship year at the Austin Hospital in Melbourne.
With an extensive research and peer-reviewed publication portfolio, Rohen maintains an active interest in research projects across a broad range of tumour sites. His commitment further extends into future-proofing the specialty locally through the provision of high quality medical education (as evidenced by his role in supervising and delivering oncology training to junior doctors and medical students).
Did you know?
Rohen considers himself a lifelong learner. Pre-children he enjoyed exploring the social sciences and travelling to new destinations. He is a passionate supporter of Western Australia (perhaps too passionate – Go Eagles!) and is always looking to improve on his knowledge of locally produced fine wine and food. On weekends, you will find Rohen seeking out great coffee and culinary delights with friends and family.
Rohen treats all solid tumours but has developed particular interests through his extensive fellowship training in urological, breast, haematological, gastrointestinal and head and neck cancers.
- Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Radiologists (RANZCR)
- European Society for Radiotherapy & Oncology (ESTRO)
- American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO)
- Australian Medical Association (AMA)
- Trans-Tasman Radiation Oncology Group (TROG)
- Australasian Gastro-Intestinal Trials Group (AGITG)
- International Lymphoma Radiation Oncology Group (ILROG)
- Australian and New Zealand Head & Neck Cancer Society (ANZHNCS)