Special clinical interests in breast cancer, skin cancer, head and neck cancer, sarcomas, bone and spine SABR and Integration of new technologies into clinical radiation oncology practice.
Dr Tiver completed training in radiation oncology at Royal Prince Alfred Hospital in 1977 and after an overseas fellowship worked as a staff specialist at St. Vincent’s Hospital before moving to Westmead Hospital in 1979. At that time Westmead was opening up as the first tertiary referral teaching hospital in Western Sydney and the radiation oncology service set new standards for the nation. He has practiced at Nepean Hospital since the opening of the Cancer Care Centre there in 1998.
- NSW Cancer Council Fellow 1979
- Fellow of the Royal Australian and new Zealand College of Radiologists
- Member of the American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO)
- Member of the Australasian Society for Breast Disease
Publications and affiliations
- More than 50 publications in the peer reviewed literature