Special clinical interest in stable and acute coronary syndromes, structural and valvular heart diseases and adult congenital heart diseases
Dr Ahmad Zakariyya is an interventional cardiologist joining GenesisCare in March 2020.
After graduating in 2002 from The University of Punjab in Pakistan, Dr Zakariyya moved to the UK where he completed his initial medical training and received membership with the Royal College of Physicians in 2007. He then moved to Australia and completed his physician training in Queensland and cardiology training in Melbourne. Following this, Dr Zakariyya underwent advanced interventional and structural heart disease training including TAVI at Waikato Hospital in New Zealand.
Dr Zakariyya performed humanitarian work in Pakistan as an interventional cardiologist in a rural cardiac centre where he was involved in various quality improvement projects such as the development of the structural interventional program, hospital protocols and the training of staff. He has since worked with the NHS at Gloucestershire Hospital, UK, as a consultant interventional cardiologist providing coronary intervention and cardiac CT services. During this time, Dr Zakariyya has gathered vast experience in treating high risk coronary syndrome and congenital heart disease patients.
Dr Zakariyya is well published and has presented research findings at various national and international conferences. His special clinical interests include stable and acute coronary syndromes, structural and valvular heart diseases and adult congenital heart diseases. In addition to English, Dr Zakariyya speaks Urdu, Hindi and Punjabi.
Research interests and affiliations
Coronary ischemia and coronary imaging, new technology development
Other clinical interests
- Stable and Acute Coronary Syndromes
- Structural & Valvular Heart Diseases
- Adult Congenital Heart Diseases
1. Member Royal College of Physicians, UK (RCP)
2. Fellow Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh (RCPE)
3. Member Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow (RCPSG)
4. Fellow of Cardiac Society of Australia and New Zealand (CSANZ)
5. Fellow of Royal Australasian College of Physicians (RACP)
6. Member British Cardiovascular Intervention Society (BCIS)
7. Member British Society of Cardiovascular Imaging/ British Society of Cardiac Computed Tomography (BSCI/ BSCCT)
8. Member of British Medical Association
9. International Associate Member of American College of Cardiology (ACC)
10. International Associate Member of Society of Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions (SCAI)
11. Member of European Society of Cardiology (ESC)
12. Member of Heart Failure Association of ESC (HFA)
13. Member European Association of Percutaneous Cardiovascular Interventions (EAPCI)
14. Member of Acute Cardiovascular Care Association (ACCA)
15. Member Asian Pacific Society of Interventional Cardiology (APSIC)
Distinction in MBBS professional examinations. The best graduate of MBBS class and awarded four President Gold Medals from University of the Punjab, Pakistan.