GenesisCare Buderim offers oncology services including radiation therapy.
GenesisCare Buderim is located with the Sunshine Coast Haematology and Oncology Centre (SCHOC), offering patients a truly integrated cancer centre. We provide immediate access to affordable cancer treatment for publicly and privately referred patients.
There are two treatment centres on the Sunshine Coast, at Buderim and Nambour.
What we offer patients
Our Radiation Oncologists work with a team of medical professionals to design personalised treatment plans. Our patients have access to the best available treatment options from the latest technology, delivered by our highly-experienced clinical team. Learn more about radiation therapy treatment for non-melanoma skin cancer at GenesisCare. Click here for further details.
- Intensity modulated radiation therapy (IMRT)
- Volumetric modulated arc therapy (VMAT)
- Deep inspiration breath hold (DIBH) for left-sided breast treatment
- Cranial stereotactic radiotherapy (SRS)
- Stereotactic ablative body radiotherapy (SABR)
- Image guided radiation therapy (IGRT)
- Specialised non-surgical treatment for skin cancer
- Radiation therapy for non-melanoma skin cancer
Allied Health Services (via SCHOC)
- McGrath breast care nurse
- Exercise physiologist (with gym)
- Oncology massage therapist
Exercise has been shown to reduce the impact of cancer symptoms and treatment related side-effects, including fatigue and weakness. At GenesisCare, Buderim we offer exercise medicine tailored to your personal needs. You can read more about the benefits of exercise medicine here.
Dr Debra Furniss
MBChB, MRCP (UK), FRCR (UK), MSc(Oncology), FRANZCR
Radiation Oncologist, Regional Medical Director Sunshine Coast
Chermside (Oncology) +2