Special clinical interests in Brain Metastases SRS, SABR for Oligometastasis any site and any primary, Hepatobilliary cancers (HpB) and Breast cancer.
Dr Luis Aznar-Garcia is currently working as a Consultant Clinical Oncologist at the Nottingham University Hospitals as Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS) and Brain Metastases MDT Lead Clinician. He is involved in Stereotactic Ablative Radiotherapy (SABR/SBRT) for Oligometastases, Hepatobilliary (HpB) tumours and breast cancer.
Dr Luis Aznar-Garcia has broad experience in the field of high advanced radiotherapy treatments. His main expertise is in the area of the Stereotactic Radiotherapy (SRS and SABR/SBRT), with vast professional experience using Gammknife, Cyberknife, Magnetic Resonance Image Guided Radiotherapy (MRL) and Linac-based platforms to treat metastatic disease as well as primary tumours. He has treated with Stereotactic techniques more than 1000 patients since 2001.
Dr Luis Aznar-Garcia has been Head of Radiotherapy Department at Leicester University Hospitals for 3 years and Head of Radiotherapy and Radiosurgery at Ruber International Hospital (Madrid, Spain) for 2 years. He has been a Clinical Oncologist Consultant for more than 20 years.
Dr Luis Aznar-Garcia is Honorary (Consultant) Assistant Professor at University of Nottingham.
He is a member of multiple National and International Oncological Societies (ESTRO, ISRS, ESMO, RCR, SEOR…).
Dr Luis Aznar-Garcia is Editor of several International Oncological Journals. He has published around 37 papers in International Medical Journals, books and meeting presentations.
Dr Luis Aznar-Garcia is Investigator in several Stereotactic Radiotherapy Trials (CORE, ABC-07, OligoRare, SARON, HALT, SPARC, SCALOP 2), some of them as Principal Investigator.
In addition, he has had a successful application to Genome England Clinical Interpretation Partnership (GeCIP).
- Consultant Clinical Oncologist at the Nottingham University Hospitals
- Head of Radiotherapy Department at Leicester University Hospitals for 3 years
- Head of Radiotherapy and Radiosurgery at Ruber International Hospital (Madrid, Spain) for 2 years
- He has been a Clinical Oncologist Consultant for more than 20 years.
- Stereotactic Radiotherapy (SRS and SABR/SBRT)
- Member of the Royal College of Physicians (MRCP)
- Member of International Society of Stereotactic Radiosurgery (ISRS)