Professor Mark Beresford
DM (oxon) MA BM Bch (cantab) MRCP FRCR, Consultant Clinical Oncologist
Breast cancer, bladder cancer, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, brain cancer
Professor Beresford is chair of the network breast cancer site-specific group and regional lead for breast cancer trials. He is the founder and chair of the UK Breast Cancer Group which acts as a voice for breast cancer oncologists across the country, and also an executive committee member of the British Uro-oncology Group. He also has an interest in kidney and bladder cancer. Other national roles include being an elected member of the breast and radiotherapy subgroups of the National Cancer Research Institute and an advisor on the Cancer Research UK population studies group.
- Consultant clinical oncologist and head of radiotherapy, Royal United Hospital Bath
- Visiting senior lecturer, University of Bath
- Breast, Prostate, Kidney, bladder and testes cancers
- Immunotherapy trials, Novel Hormone therapy and New Chemotherapy drug trials, Radiotherapy trials, Radium 223 trials, Mono-clonal antibody therapy trials, Phase 3 trials; National and International multi-centre trials
- Systemic therapy of Prostate cancer, Breast cancer, Kidney cancer and Bladder cancer
- Radiotherapy, chemotherapy and targeted therapies including Novel therapies for advanced breast cancer; exercise and immune response to chemotherapy; prostate cancer biomarkers and Imaging response to treatment.
- Royal College of Radiologists
- Royal college of Physicians
- British Uro-oncology Group (executive committee member)