Mr Kevin O'Neill
BSc MB BS FRCS(SN), Consultant neurosurgeon
Mr Kevin O’Neill qualified in medicine from St Mary’s Hospital Medical School and Imperial College London in 1989, having obtained an intercalated BSc in neuroscience in 1986. He embarked on basic surgical training, obtaining his FRCS in 1994.
He embarked on a career in neurosurgery, obtaining his final fellowship in 1998 and becoming a consultant in 1999. He is now head of neurosurgery after specialising in neurovascular and neuro-oncology, where his main research interest is in developing new technologies and treatments.
- Consultant neurosurgeon at Cromwell Hospital
- Bachelor of Science in Neuroscience, 1986
- Brain tumours: benign, malignant and metastatic
- Neurovascular conditions: stroke, subarachnoid haemorrhage, aneurysms, arteriovenous malformation (AVM)
- Spinal surgery: disc prolapse, neck, back, arm and leg pain, degenerative spine and tumour surgery
- Peripheral nerve surgery: tumours and nerve entrapment and injury, brain and central nervous system (CNS) infections
- Society of British Neurological Surgeons
- British Neurosurgical Research Group
- British Neuro-Oncology Group
- Research Soc. of Neurological Surgeons (USA)