Miss Mullan qualified from the University of Bristol in 1995, since then Michelle have undergone extensive training in both the UK and United States in Oncoplastic Breast Surgery. Michelle became a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons (England) in 2006.
In 2008, she won the European Society of Breast Cancer Specialists Travelling Scholarship and spent her time at the Nottingham Breast Institute. Michelle was appointed as an Oncoplastic Breast Consultant at Worcestershire Royal Hospital in 2008 and she was Breast Lead for the county for 10 years. In 2011 Michelle became Clinical Lead for all Cancer Services for the county.
In 2019 she moved to north Bristol NHS Trust to join the Breast Service, based at Southmead Hospital. Michelle is a Trustee for the Association of Breast Surgery and sits on the Clinical Practices and Standards Committee.
All clinics are currently held at Spire Bristol Hospital.
- Consultant oncoplastic breast surgeon
- Breast cancer
- Michelle’s clinical interests include breast cancer surgery using Breast cancer surgery using oncoplastic techniques, Sentinel lymph node biopsy, Lipofilling of breast defects (fat transfer), Breast reconstruction, Nipple reconstruction and nipple tattooing.
- She is a fully trained breast screening surgeon for the NHS Breast Screening Programme.
- She is also interested in benign breast work (such as breast pain and nipple discharge) and enjoys treating teenage girls with breast problems.
- Royal College of Surgeons
- Association of Breast Surgery
- British Medical Association
- Won the European Society of Breast Cancer Specialists Travelling Scholarship