Special clinical interests in Brain Metastases Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS), SABR for Oligometastasis any site and any primary, Hepatobilliary cancers (HpB) and Breast cancer.
Dr Aznar-Garcia is currently working as a Consultant Clinical Oncologist at the Nottingham University Hospitals as SRS Lead Clinician developing and treating patients with brain metastasis with stereotactic radio-surgery (SRS), oligometastatic SABR, HpB and breast tumours.
Until May 2017 he worked at University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust as Medical Head of Radiotherapy, and MSCC & SABR Lead Clinician. He was involved in treating tumours of the brain, breast and lung (including SABR for primary lung tumours).
As SABR Lead Clinician for GenesisCare, he is particularly proud that the Department has been honoured with the This ensures that the consultants providing SABR at GenesisCare are trained at the highest level of competency.
Year of Qualification
NHS Hospital / current post(s)
- Consultant Clinical Oncologist at the Nottingham University Hospitals as SRS Lead Clinician
- Honorary (Consultant) Assistant Professor University of Nottingham, School of Medicine
- Brain Metastases Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS)
- Stereotactic Ablative Radiosurgery (SABR) for Oligometastasis
- Hepatobilliary cancers (HpB)
- Breast, liver and lung Cancer
- Lymph Node Tumours
- Adrenal Tumours
- Brain Cancer
- Brain Metastasis
- SABR for Primary Lung Cancer
- Member of the Royal College of Physicians (MRCP)