Special clinical interest in clinical oncology and urology.
Prof Khoo is a Consultant in Clinical Oncology at The Royal Marsden Hospital, Honorary Consultant at St George’s Hospital and Honorary Senior Lecturer at The Institute for Cancer Research, University of London. He was previously Head of Department of Clinical Oncology at The Royal Marsden.
He qualified in medicine in 1985 and has trained and worked in clinical oncology in the UK, USA, and Australia.
He is Adjunct Professor, Department of Medical Imaging and Radiation Sciences, Monash University and Honorary Associate Professor, Department of Medicine, University of Melbourne and Austin Health. He leads collaborative research groups with these Australian centres.
Prof Khoo is specialist advisor and reviewer to Cancer Backup, CancerHelp, National Horizon Scanning Centre, the International Union against Cancer (UICC) and several international scientific journals/cancer funds.
He is Clinical Lead, Clinical Oncology Urology Unit at The Royal Marsden’s Chelsea Hospital which offers a comprehensive array of therapies: from stereotactic radiotherapy (SABR) to image guided intensity modulated and adaptive radiotherapy, and prostate brachytherapy to systemic therapies such as hormonal, targeted therapies and chemotherapy as well as Phase I to III Clinical Trials with these therapy agents.
- Stereotactic ablative body radiotherapy (SABR)
- Image guided intensity modulated (IGRT)
- Adaptive radiotherapy
- Prostate brachytherapy
- Systemic therapies (eg hormonal, targeted therapies and chemotherapy)
NHS Hospital / current post(s)
Consultant in Clinical Oncology, The Royal Marsden Hospital.
- Combined modality therapy
- Multi-modality imaging
- Technical and image-guided radiotherapy
- Intensity modulated and image guided radiotherapy including SABR
- Hormone therapy
- Prostate, bladder, kidney, testis and penile cancer.
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Radiologists
- Fellow of the Royal College of Radiologists (FRCR)
- Member of the UK National Cancer Research Institute (NCRI) Clinical and Translational Radiotherapy group
- The National Cancer Research Network (NCRN) Prostate Clinical Studies Group
- The NCRN Penile Cancer Clinical Studies Bladder Subgroup
- The NCRN Renal Clinical Studies Group
- The European Society for Therapeutic Radiation and Oncology (ESTRO)
- The European Cancer Conference (ECCO)
- The European Institute of Radiotherapy (EIR)
- The International Targeted Prostate Cancer Screening Study (IMPACT)