Dr Sarah Jefferies
BSc, MB BS, FRCR, PhD, FRCP, Clinical Oncologist
Radiotherapy (IGRT) and Stereotactic Radiotherapy.
Special clinical interests in image-guided radiotherapy (IGRT) and stereotactic radiotherapy.
Dr Sarah Jefferies is the Clinical Director for Cancer at Addenbrooke’s Hospital. She qualified from University College London and trained in clinical oncology at the Royal Marsden Hospital. She undertook a PhD at the Institute of Cancer Research. Her specialist interests are the management of central nervous system (CNS) tumours and thyroid cancers.
Dr Jefferies is lead investigator for a number of multicentre studies for CNS and thyroid tumours. She has an interest in teaching and leads both national and international courses in the management of CNS tumours. She is a member of the National Cancer Research Institute Brain Tumour group and is the chair of the Glioma Sub-group.
- Cancers of the brain/central nervous system (CNS)
- Principal Investigator for both Head and Neck and CNS phase III – national and international trials, Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge
- CNS tumours
- Thyroid cancer
- Fellow of the Royal College of Radiologists (FRCR)
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians (FRCP)
- Member of the National Cancer Research Institute Brain Tumour Group
- Chair of the Glioma Sub-group