Special clinical interest in prostate, bladder, kidney, lung and Mesothelioma, Melanoma and non-melanoma skin cancers
Dr Salil Vengalil has been working as Consultant Clinical Oncologist at the University Hospital of North Midlands (UHNM) since 2013. He has expertise in oncological treatment of patients with prostate cancer, Bladder cancer, Kidney cancer, Lung cancer, Mesothelioma, Melanoma and non-melanoma skin cancers.
Referral Criteria: Patients requiring opinion and oncological management for the above conditions can be referred. Dr Vengalil would also be happy to accept referrals for second opinions. Private patient Consultation will be arranged at the Nuffield Health North Staffordshire Hospital.
Dr Vengalil has previously worked in the world-renowned Princess Margaret Hospital, Toronto (Canada) where he completed radiation oncology fellowship gaining further experience in advanced radiation techniques. His areas of interest in radiotherapy include Intensity modulated radiation therapy (IMRT), Image guided radiation therapy (IGRT), Stereotactic body radiotherapy (SBRT) and adaptive radiotherapy. Prostate cancer patients will also be given the option of having a spacer insertion arranged through the GenesisCare team prior to prostate radiotherapy treatment.
Dr Salil Vengalil is an expert in radiotherapy, chemotherapy, targeted therapy, immunotherapy, hormone therapy and radionuclide treatments in oncology. He has led the team in setting up and implementing Radium 223 treatment service for metastatic prostate cancer patients at UHNM. He has a very keen interest in research and had been principal investigator for several commercial and non-commercial trials.
Radiotherapy treatments will be arranged at the Genesis care radiotherapy centres or at Royal Stoke University Hospital Cancer centre. Systemic treatments will be organised mainly through Nuffield health but can also be arranged with other providers where appropriate.
Dr Vengalil had also served as a Clinical lead in Oncology at the University Hospital North Midlands NHS Trust and is currently the oncology lead for urological cancers. Dr Vengalil is also member of the West midlands Genomic Tumour Advisory Board.
Dr Salil Vengalil works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Prostate cancer, Bladder cancer, Kidney cancer, Lung cancer, Mesothelioma, Melanoma and non-melanoma skin cancers, Stereotactic Ablative Radiotherapy (SABR), radiotherapy, chemotherapy, systemic therapies, immunotherapy, hormone therapy and radionuclide treatments in oncology.
- Prostate cancer, Bladder cancer, Kidney cancer, Lung cancer, Mesothelioma, Melanoma and non-melanoma skin cancers.
- Royal College of Radiologists
- British Medical Association
- European Society for Medical Oncology
- Multi-modal treatment approach for muscle invasive bladder cancer – single institution experience. Poster presentation at the BLADDR 2019 meeting in Paris (October 2019)
- Outcomes of Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Patients with Brain Metastasis Treated by Whole Brain Radiotherapy, a Single Institution Experience: Journal of Thoracic Oncology, Volume 14, Issue 10, Supplement, Pages S949–S950
- Virtual imaging for patient information on radiotherapy planning and delivery for prostate cancer: Radiotherapy and Oncology. April 2019; vol 133 Suppl 1: S437-38.