Dr Robert Stevenson
MBChB, BSc, MSc, Dip, MRCP, FRCR Clinical Oncologist
Special clinical interests in lung and urological cancers with chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, and radiotherapy.
Dr Stevenson qualified from the University of Warwick in 2005. He trained within the West Midlands and was appointed as Consultant Clinical Oncologist at University Hospitals Birmingham in 2014. Dr Stevenson is also a visiting consultant to Sandwell and West Birmingham Hospitals NHS Trust and Heart of England NHS trust. Dr Stevenson specialises in the treatment of lung and urological cancers with chemotherapy, hormonal therapy and radiotherapy.
Dr Stevenson is also involved in 4-dimensional and stereotactic lung radiotherapy within Birmingham and has experience in delivering Cyberknife treatment to an early stage of lung cancer.
Dr Stevenson has published papers in peer-reviewed journals and is the principal investigator (PI) for a number of national clinical trials.
- Consultant Clinical Oncologist, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust
- Visiting consultant to Sandwell and West Birmingham Hospitals NHS Trust and Heart of England NHS trust
- University of Warwick in 2005
- Lung cancer
- Urological cancers
- Hormonal therapy
- Fellow of the Royal College of Radiotherapy (FRCR)
- Member of the Royal College of Physicians (MRCP)
- Member of the Medical Protection Society
- Member of the European Society for Radiotherapy and Oncology (ESTRO)
- Member of the European Society of Clinical Oncologists (ASCO)
- Member of the UK Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy Group
- Member of the British Thoracic Oncology Group (BTOG)