Special clinical interest in GI/HPB oncology
Dr Owens has a interest in upper GI/HPB oncology, specifically oesophageal and pancreatic malignancies, focusing on hypofractionated and stereotactic radiotherapy. In addition, he is experienced in treating primary liver, bile duct, gastric cancers as well as colorectal cancers.
Dr Owens is a member of the OUH SABR group and is heavily involved in medical education and supervision of trainees as a royal college tutor.
Dr Rob Owens is interested in upper GI/HPB oncology, specifically oesophageal and pancreatic malignancies, focusing on hypofractionated and stereotactic radiotherapy
Publications & affiliations
- Owens R and Muirhead R ; External beam reirradiation in rectal cancer.
- Owens R et al; Intensity modulated radiotherapy with a simultaneous integrated boost in rectal cancer
- Owens R et al; Outcome of weekly carbotaxol based chemoradiation in oesophageal cancer – a multicentre review
- Royal College of radiologists
- European Society of Medical Oncologists (ESMO)