Special clinical interest in urological cancers, prostate cancer, bladder cancer, colorectal cancer, colon cancer and gastrointestinal cancers.
Dr Hughes is a consultant clinical oncologist specialising in the treatment of pelvic cancers, particularly prostate cancer. He has a keen interest in the use of targeted radiotherapy using IMRT and IGRT and also specialises in brachytherapy for prostate cancer. He is able to provide chemotherapy and hormone treatments at Spire Harpenden Hospital and also sees his radiotherapy patients at Elstree Cancer Centre.
Dr Hughes is a member of The Prostate Practice, a team of leading surgeons, oncologists, and radiologists specialising in the diagnosis and treatment of all prostate conditions.
He has a strong research interest in radiotherapy and advanced prostate cancer treatments and actively recruits to clinical trials where appropriate.
- Stereotactic body radiotherapy (SBRT)
- Intensity modulated radiotherapy (IMRT)
- Gastrointestinal (GI) cancers
NHS Hospital / current post(s)
- Consultant Clinical Oncologist, Mount Vernon and Lister Hospitals
- Fellow of the Royal College of Radiologists (FRCR)
- Member of the Royal College of Physicians (MRCP)