Special clinical interest in non-surgical management of prostate, breast and bladder cancers using both advanced radiotherapy techniques and drug therapies.
Dr Andrade qualified as an oncologist as part of the Oxford Deanery in 2007. Since qualifying, Dr Andrade has worked as a Consultant Oncologist in Northampton where he introduced new advanced techniques such as IMRT and IGRT. During his time there, he led the Department through a series of pivotal roles, prior to a move back to Oxford in 2015.
He has a specialist interest in treating both breast and urological cancers with systemic agents (chemotherapy, hormones and biological therapies) and targeted radiotherapy (IMRT and IGRT). He is passionate about patient centred care, enrolling patients into well designed clinical trials and evolving clinical practice.
- Intensity modulated radiotherapy (IMRT)
- Image guided radiotherapy (IGRT)
- Hormone therapy
- Breast cancer
- Urological cancer
NHS Hospital / current post(s)
- Consultant Clinical Oncologist, Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Oxford
- Consultant Clinical Oncologist, Great Western Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Swindon
- Fellow of the Royal College of Radiologists (FRCR)
- Member of the Royal College of Physicians (MRCP)
- Member of the British Uro-oncology Group (BUG)
- Member of the European Society for Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology (ESTRO)
- Member of the Medical Protection Society (MPS)
- Member of the British Medical Association (BMA)
- Member of the General Medical Council (GMC)