Dr George Plataniotis
Prostate cancer, skin cancer
Dr George Plataniotis completed his specialist training in Clinical and Radiation Oncology in 1992 and his PhD in Clinical Radiobiology in 1994. From 1994 to 2007 he worked as a Lecturer and Assistant Professor in University Hospitals in Greece. In 2007 he was appointed as a Consultant Clinical Oncologist in Aberdeen Royal Infirmary and Senior Lecturer in Aberdeen Medical School. He has been working as a Consultant Clinical Oncologist in Sussex since 2013, specializing in Urology and Skin cancers treating currently high numbers of patients in both Brighton and Worthing as a member of the relevant multidisciplinary teams.
He is the author of two books on clinical radiobiology and radiotherapy, he has published over 50 papers in peer-reviewed medical journals and remains actively involved in clinical research. He is a member of the editorial and reviewers boards in two hi-impact radiation oncology journals. He has been teaching extensively clinical radiobiology and radiotherapy in medical students and training doctors.
- Consultant Clinical Oncologist in Sussex since 2013 at Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals and Worthing General Hospital
- Lecturer and Assistant Professor in University Hospitals in Greece from 1994 to 2007 he worked
- Consultant Clinical Oncologist in Aberdeen Royal Infirmary and Senior Lecturer in Aberdeen Medical School from 2007
- MBBS, University of Athens, 1986
- EU-equivalent FRCR, 1992
- PhD Thesis in clinical radiobiology, 1992
- Prostate cancer
- Skin cancer
- Prostate and Bladder Cancers, and non-Melanoma skin Cancers
- Radiotherapy, IMRT, IGRT, Tomotherapy, Chemotherapy, Hormonotherapy, Immunotherapy, HDR Brachytherapy
- Prostate and Bladder Radiotherapy and chemotherapy.
- Clinical radiobiology (PhD Thesis)
- General Medical Council (GMC)
- Royal College of Radiologists (RCR)
- European Association of Urology (EAU)
- British Medical Association (BMA)
- American Society of Therapeutic Radiation Oncology (ASTRO)